 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2991
Re: legOS 0.2.6 installation problems - a better way?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 14:17:07 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, John Ormerod writes:
I have been trying Set up LegOS for some time now. My first attempt using
winlegOS was installed but I then found out then that it could not
communicate via my usb tower.

Yes, the install of LegOS/BrickOS is quite difficult for those of us who
have never used Unix/Linix.

Once you've downloaded the cygwin tools, I believe you can change versions
of LegOS/BrickOS without much problem.  You don't need to DL more cygwin
stuff, just the new BrickOS build.

Just follow the instructions (VERY carefully) and report the errors here.
Someone here will help you.  I will try, but I may not be of much help...

I just got the latest version of BrickOS working (I've been using winLegOS)
and I'm happy to say I can now us my USB tower (no more 9v batteries) and it
seems to be working with the latest BricxCC!

Steve