 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2989
2988  |  2990
Subject:
legOS 0.2.6 installation problems - a better way?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 06:35:28 GMT

I have been trying Set up LegOS for some time now. My first attempt using
winlegOS was installed but I then found out then that it could not
communicate via my usb tower.
I then decided to go for the full installation of Cygwin and legos0.2.6 and
used the "how to"  instructions (Version 1.1, 19 Apr 2002 by Paolo Masetti)
to download and unzip files for the whole product. Files downloaded were:
cygwin, gcc-2.95.2.tar.gz legos-buildgcc.zip binutils-2.10.1.tar.gz &
legos-0.2.6.tar.gz I installed all cygwin modules. All seemed to go to plan
until the subsequent build and try-it sections reported errors. I am very
keen to get this working, but after 2 different approaches to install I
would appreciate any suggestions on what may enable me to get running.
Perhaps an installation of brickOS would be more robust? If so, can I get
away with downloading less of the files this time? Thanks, John.