 Robotics / RCX / legOS / *2959 (-100)
  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

(...) Thanks for the suggestion... I think the change I made a few days ago included a note here also, but we might be talking about different spots. Let me know if not... kekoa@stanford.edu. -Kekoa (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LegOS/BrickOS on Mac OS X?

I was wondering if anyone had successfully ported the H8 compiler over to OS X? With an USB IR Tower, and the underlying Unix/BSD resources on the Mac, it would be an ideal development platform. I've tried compiling the H8 Cross compiler without (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP-problem...

Why don't you post the code you're using. Then we can tell you if it's a problem with the program. Steve ----- Original Message ----- From: Tom Wouters <aqua@no__spam.ulyssis.org> Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:21:47 GMT To: (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP-problem...

hi there we seem to have a not so tiny problem with lnp, we can send messages from the tower to the rcx, but until now we have failed to get the rcx to send a message tot the computer, we have tried various versions of the legos kernel, none of them (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS & Cygwin

(...) You bet. I've fixed this in CVS so it will be in our next test release. Thanks for reporting it. (This is why we do test releases ;-) Regards, Stephen -- Stephen M. Moraco stephen@debian.org (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOS & Cygwin

I've downloaded and installed test release 09. Once again things worked very well. But there is one definite problem with this release (as well as 08) when running under Cygwin. In Makefile.Common the lines ifdef BUILDING_HOST_UTILS # ---...--- # (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

(...) As it is, it seems[1] that two of the three NAND gates in the 74HC10 are being used as a driver for speaker output (it's odd that it's two, not one though). So, this leaves one three input NAND gate to do the decoding. Now that I think about (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

<snip> (...) Ok, thank you for the explaination! I am thinking that the Memory Manager would need some rework to support this, since the start of memory is currently established at compile time. I will have to take a look at this (time allowing). (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

(...) I have implemented what Mark Riley has suggested. I submitted a patch to the patches section at the sourceforge project page. The changes are quite small but require some tricky tweaks to the build process. I have only minimally tested it and (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

(...) While you are at it you could also make a remark near the explanation of the f000 motor control register, and make it clear that this is a hardware function. When I started to use this extra memory in leJOS I missed the remark at the very end (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

(...) In that case, why didn't the RCX designers use an 8 input NAND to decode their addresses, to leave more of the RAM usable? Maybe there werent aware of this possibility? Jürgen (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

It also turns out that there are 8 bytes of external RAM that peek through at addresses 0xff80-0xff87. Writes to these locations also affect the motor control register. I suppose there's a small advantage in using these registers to control the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

(...) This is interesting. It makes sense that the memory backing these locations still works, but I never would have thought to try to use it. I will make a note of this on my pages. -Kekoa (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

(...) Interesting, I never looked at that version. I think the one disassembled by Kekoa is 0309. Current versions of leJOS also use this upper memory to store part of its firmware (almost 3K). Jürgen (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

Joe, [some reordering of comments for clarity] (...) The idea is to pick a certain number of functions that will fit in the upper RAM space (~2900 bytes) and put these functions in a seperate linker section (other than the default ".text" section). (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

Mark, This is very interesting. I have experienced strange motor behavior with programs on BrickOS before; I now wonder if this may have been the situation. I do not currently know enough about GCC to make the changes that you mentioned, but I am (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Motor Control Register (0xf000)

Seeing as how there's been little traffic here recently, I thought I'd post about something I found that's cleared up a little mystery (for me at least). It concerns the RCX register that is used to control the motors. This register lives at 0xf000. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  how to calculate program size?

this has been asked before, but i cant seem to find the answer in my inbox. anyways, i was wondering how i could calculate the program size of the program on my rcx. im using legOS 0.2.4. any help appriciated kenneth johansen kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.08 avail for testing

After making this change everything worked perfectly, as far as I can tell. I had a lot of trouble trying to build the gcc cross compiler. With this build and the pre-build cross compiler from hitachi's website everything was very easy. Thanks! (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: controlling rcx with remote control

(...) No luck... It's for the lego remote... (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP packet handler

(...) Hi :-) I had problem the same. After brushing code source per some days, I finished discovering that the problem was with the versions. I installed logOS 0.2.5 and everything functioned well. (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.08 avail for testing

(...) I spoke too soon. There is a problem with cygwin and Makefile.Common in the new release. The host utilities are not built with -D_WIN32 which (of course) causes them to not work at all. In Makefile.Common there is a place where CFLAGS is set (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  I solved a small problem in lnp :-)

Hi :-) The problem is: When compiling programs made in language 'C++' using: # g++ myprogram.c -llnp The g++ would not compile and the follow messages appeared: /tmp/ccXFr7VZ.o: In function `main': /tmp/ccXFr7VZ.o(.text+0x95): undefined reference to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Interruptions in BrickOS

Good questions! See responses below... "Martin De Wulf" <madewulf@ulb.ac.be> wrote in message news:H51ItF.Ax1@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) You may want to check out the latest (now called BrickOS) at (URL) For us, real-time properties of the platform (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.08 avail for testing

(...) I had essentially no problems with brickos-2.6.08 - aside from noticing at least a couple new headers I have to port to Pascal. configure worked like a charm. The only issue I encountered was regarding TOOLPREFIX. The way that I have my cygwin (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP packet handler

Hi, i am a student at the technical university of Athens and i am currently working on a project utilizing legOS 0.2.6 and LNP under Linux 7.3. My first aim is to establish communication between the RCX and the PC. I installed all the software (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Interruptions in BrickOS

Hi, I'am a researcher of the Free University Of Brussels. We're currently working on embedded systems. We would like to generate code for embedded systems from a specification language which could be used for formal verification. We chose Legos for (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: controlling rcx with remote control

(...) I've been trying to find the same thing. I believe the latest version of BrickOS has the ability to read a remote control, but I haven't spent the time to figure it out, yet. Check this out: (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  controlling rcx with remote control

Hello, I'm new to this newsgroup but I need help with an issue... I'd like to control my rcx (with legos) with a tv remote control or likewise. I'm not a happy owner of the standard lego remote control and therefore I can not use the patch from (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  error deleting program

Hi, Could anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? This is my problem: When I try to download the helloworld demo with: $./util/dll -v demo/helloworld.lx ,I get the following error message(s): opening tty... KeepAlive Init... KeepAliveSend: (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

(...) <snip> (...) Good work on this. Yes I believe we would like to add this support. We are crunched with trying to get what we want into this next release. We likely can add some of the Makefile mods in this release, maybe the Pascal Units as (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: versions of gcc/binutils/newlib

(...) GCC 2.95 versions and binutils 2.95 thru 2.10 appear to work. I believe readers, here, have also successfully used gcc 3.0 and 3.1 but not 3.2. The brickOS plan is to release brickOS-1.0.0 first. Then we will work on adapting the code to work (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  versions of gcc/binutils/newlib

Hallo, Which versions of gcc/binutils and newlib is brickos developed with? As I read in here and tested myself, it doesn't work with the most recent versions (gcc 3.2, binutils 2.13 and newlib 1.10). Do I need a newlib? The howto doesn't mention (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

(...) Pascal/OOP definitely adds a bit of overhead. It is possible that some of that overhead could be lessened by tweaking the Pascal headers. I'm going to fiddle a bit with a couple of different approaches to see what works best now that I have a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

(...) Great work John! Do you have any comparisons of executable sizes between C/C++ and Pascal/OOP? ROSCO (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

If anyone is at all interested, I have a completed porting the brickOS headers to a set of Pascal units. At present, I have successfully written Pascal versions of essentially all the C and C++ demo files - including TrailerBot. I've also written a (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Hex->LNP ?

Hi, I'm trying to setup a serial connection from my PC to the RCX which is running LNP. But since I'm running Windows i'm not able to use the lnp-functions in my program, and I'm therefore trying to establish a connection from CSerial. So if anybody (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.08 avail for testing

This is our second publicly visible test release. We will announce when we think we are closing in on the actual release (We think this may happen, yet this December.) Details regarding how to provide feedback are at (URL) can download from (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: h8300-hms-ld segmentation fault under WinXP

"Joseph Woolley" <jwoolley@spamblock....ht.rr.com> wrote in message news:H4HvF3.C03@lugnet.com... (...) Win2k. (...) Ah, so it's not just me. I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out what I might be doing wrong. A few years ago I had (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: h8300-hms-ld segmentation fault under WinXP

I don't think the problem is WinXP specific: I had the same issue on Win2k. I ended up using the prebuilt gcc/binutils from hitachi for that reason. However, the prebuilt set is quite a bit older. I hope this issue can be worked out so we can begin (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  h8300-hms-ld segmentation fault under WinXP

Hello, Are there any know problems getting the h8 cross compiler working under Windows XP? I'm using the latest cygwin environment, along with gcc3.2, newlib1.10, and have tried both the binutils source distributed with cygwin (2002070601?) and I (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS issues

(...) The brickOS team thanks you for mentioning this. It is our goal to continue to simplify this experience. We always enjoy hearing that we are making progress. (...) We hear you and have addressed some of them... (...) This is intentional for (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal

(...) Personally, I think this is great. If a GUI can be developed for BrickOS, it will be a huge boost to BrickOS, because it should be MUCH easier for people to use it. Between this, the DJGPP compiler Ed's working on, and the whole new surge in (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  brickOS & GNU Pascal

This is extremely preliminary, but I can't wait to share the news. I've managed to build a Hitachi H8 cross compiler for GNU Pascal (under cygwin on W2K) and have successfully downloaded and ran the following Pascal program on brickOS. program (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Update for DJGPP version

I have placed instructions for building the cross compiler for DJGPP on our website, (URL) They are (as of this posting) incomplete. Biunutils can be configured and built but gcc currently has a proplem in the build stage. It looks like a c++ error (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  differences between the legOS versions

Hi all, Can anyone tell me, where i can get informations about the differnces of the serveral legOS versions. I use currently legOS 0.2.3 Christian (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP

How's this? (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP

Can anyone help me find information about LNP? I want to know how to send/receive serial data. If you know where I can get more info, please tell me. I have a cool robot I want to make remote-controlable. Thanks Steve (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Master thesis about legOS and DSM

hi all, just wanted you all to know that i have finished my master thesis where i incorporated an RCX with legOS 0.2.4 with a distributed shared memory system called PastSet. the thesis can be downloaded from (URL) the DSM part might not be relevant (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Problems with SDL-Programming and legos

I have assume an existing SDL-System with an env.c-File. I tried to change this system to communicate between two RCX. Now my problem: In the case that i have one RCX who only send and one who receive, it works. But if i try the create a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Serial Input

I have a question. I'm working with LegOS, and I want to know how to read serial input through the IR port. I know with other firmware, it's pretty easy to set-up and write serial data out, but I want to read this data back in. Actually, I'm trying (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Strip Command

(...) appears (...) Rick, Windows 98 is not correctly checked in the Makefiles. I have fixed this is the current CVS version. For now I would simply add CYGWIN_98-4.10 to all Makefiles which do this check. I believe that is only $ (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Starting Over

(...) The BrickOS for cygwin instructions ((URL) describe downloading the source code for gcc & binutils and building the Hitachi cross-compiler and associated tools in step 2. If you use the pre-built hitachi tools that Joseph Wooley posted about a (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Starting Over

Hello, According to John Hansens' instructions, I am assuming you do not need to download the bin-utils as called out in the original sourceforge instructions. Is this correct? Thanks again for the help. Here goes. Rick Bonari (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Strip Command

(...) In Makefile.common in the util subdirectory this code ifneq (,$(findstring $(OSTYPE),cygwin32 cygwin CYGWIN_NT-4.0 CYGWIN_NT-5.0 CYGWIN_NT-5.1 WindowsNT Windows_NT)) EXT=.exe CC =gcc CFLAGS+=-D_WIN32 endif pretty much guarantees that your (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Strip Command

Hello, When I do a uname command, I get CYGWIN_98-4.10. It definitely appears that makefile.common has some problems with paths, etc. When I type the command: strip fontdesign.exe dll.exe makelx.exe fixdeps.exe genlds.exe firmdl3.exe as I mentioned (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOS issues

First off, I'd like to say that I had ZERO problems installing, building, and testing BrickOS on my PC. That's even with the BrickOS name change release and the pre-built Hitachi tools. You guys do good work! There are a few issues I have come (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Cygwin/Gcc/Legos-0.2.6 Installation

(...) Something is definitely not quite right with your setup. Makefile.common in the util subdirectory of the BrickOS tree has the following code in it: # # WindowsNT/Cygnwin, test against several values: # ifneq (,$(findstring $(OSTYPE),cygwin32 (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Cygwin/Gcc/Legos-0.2.6 Installation

Rick, I have never used 'make strip' and have been using legOS/BrickOS for quite some time now. So, if it doesn't work, that should not stop you from continuing. However, with BrickOS, the make strip command now executes 'strip fontdesign.exe (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Cygwin/Gcc/Legos-0.2.6 Installation

Hello, I finally got make to complete without any apparent errors. At the end of the process, no errors were shown. I had to move the proper copy of objcopy.exe to the required directory and I also had to copy the proper copy of g++.exe to the same (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Gcc Problems

Rick, It sounds as if you have gcc working, however, the version of objcopy that you copied from another folder is incompatible with the hitachi h8 version of gcc. You need to have a special version of objcopy that is designed for the h8 (the RCX). (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Gcc Problems

Hello, There is a line under Hitachi H8 tool prefix that goes like this: HMSTOOLDIR=/usr/local/crossgcc. I changed it to HMSTOOLDIR=/usr/local and I changed TOOLPREFIX=$(HMSTOOL...tachi-hms- to TOOLPREFIX=$(HMSTOOL...i-hms/bin. After looking through (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Gcc Problems

Some versions of the gcc executables are named h8300-hms-*.exe (ex: h8300-hms-gcc.exe) The Makefile.common, as you pointed out expects h8300-hitachi-hms-*.exe If this is what you are experiencing, then you have two options: 1) make copies of them, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Gcc Problems

(...) Your previous post indicated that you were running under cygwin, iirc, so the line to which you refer above is not where your problem lies. In Makefile.common there are several sections that only apply to a particular operating system, cygwin, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Gcc Problems

Hello, I looked at the Makefile.common file and there is a line that goes as follows: TOOLPREFIX=$(HMSTOOL...tachi-hms- Could this be where my problem lies according to what I said in the previous post earlier today? Thanks Much, Rick Bonari (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Cygwin/Gcc/Legos Installation

Hello, Need some help on deciphering the following Errors: Errors when executing the Make Depend Command: ...../h8300-hitachi-hms-gcc: not found make [1]: ***[depend] Error 127 make: ***[depend] Error 2 Errors when executing the Make Command: (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  finally works

finally works.... the problem was in the Makefile.common file, finally change the line: # LEGOS_ROOT=$(HOME)/legOS/ with: LEGOS_ROOT=/legOS-0.2.6/ thanks a lot for your posts!! :-) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS library path

(...) Ok. So for cygwin, the path is /legos-0.2.6 (...) Is that right? I think it must read c:\cygwin\legos-0.2.6\mycode. (...) Ok. (...) That is ok. (...) First the good news: Makefile.common and Makefile.user are correctly included. Otherwise, the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS library path

(...) To make it so that your code can live anywhere (i.e., not necessarily beneath the cygwin and/or BrickOS root directory you should make the following changes to your Makefile. 1. replace any relative paths (i.e., ../ or ../../ etc.) with (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS library path

"Germán Rojas" <ge-rojas@uniandes.edu.co> wrote in message news:H3MD68.M72@lugnet.com... (...) Hi there! (...) [snip] (...) [snip] (...) [snip] This broke for me between legOS 0.2.5 and 0.2.6 I belive (and is still broken in the current brickos (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS library path

"Germán Rojas" <ge-rojas@uniandes.edu.co> wrote in message news:H3Mp27.CBz@lugnet.com... (...) <snip> (...) <snip> You should add 'mycode' to the list of directories found in Makefile, just after demo. Then always run make from the legOS root (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS library path

I install legOS in the follow directory: C:\cygwin\legos-0.2.6 (the same like the windows instructions) Create the follow directory: C:\legos-0.2.6\mycode Copy the *.c and Makefile files in C:\legos-0.2.6\mycode In the Makefile default file i think (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS library path

(...) You have to look where you are and where the makefile searches for other needed files. In the moment, you makefile hopes to find the include files under /legos/include. Is that ok? If you installed legos into your home directory, the path must (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS library path

Hello!! Testing the instalation of legOS-0.2.6 (cygwin) after download succesfully the firmware and some sample programs of demo directory to the RCX, i create a new directory called mycode, i put all the *.c and Makefile files from demo directory, (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Remotely starting RCX

Thanks!!! (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you

(...) You manage your projects now, I'm guessing, simply by directory structure and the contents of your make file? Do you put targets in your make file which execute dll to download the .lx to the brick or do you usually perform that step as a (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: not found

Shehryar Shaheen <shehryar.shaheen@ul.ie> wrote in message news:000901c26bd4$fe...SHAHEEN... (...) You should find this utility in the fileutils package. Ed (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you

Hello John, (...) That would be real real great! (...) That should work. At my system, bigger projects are broken into several source files. It is easier for me to work with them then with a huge single source file. (...) Why not? BrickOS can handle (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Remotely starting RCX

Hello Henk, (...) If you run "dll" without a file name to download, dll will tell you all it's switches. One is the -e switch, that executes the program you download. So "dll -e helloworld.lx" will download helloworld and run it. Another possible (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you

(...) My goal would be to have BricxCC work with C/C++ BrickOS programs much like it works with NQC & MindScript programs now. You have a file open in the editor. You press the compile button and it either performs a make without errors or a little (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Remotely starting RCX

Hello, As an unexperienced unix programmer it took me 16 hours to download and install LegOS on my XP and make the 'Hello World' message appear on the RCX. (Oh joy!) After another 4 hours I managed to compile my first program. So thinks go slow but (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you

This will be quite nice! I would be awesome if we could package a single "install" that would place precompiled GCC and Binutil files on the drive. That way, the user would simply install some cygwin support, then this program, download BrickOS, and (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you

Could you expand on what you want to do with BrickOS? Something about project files? generating make file? If this has anything to do with having a file anywhere on your hard-drive and having it compile leaving an *.LX file behind, I may be of some (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOS & BricxCC - coming soon to a Windows PC near you

So, I recently installed cygwin (again) and the pre-built Hitachi cross compiler (which someone recently posted about here). I installed the latest BrickOS release from SourceForge. Everything in the BrickOS for Windows instructions worked (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: not found

It means u don't have a cat! No :) cat is a utility for concatanating files u need to get that. It would be available from where u downloaded cygwin ----- Original Message ----- From: "Germán Rojas" <ge-rojas@uniandes.edu.co> To: (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  cat: not found

Hello what mean the follow error: (thanks!!) :---...--- Begin Fri Oct 4 11:40:22 2002 ---...---: Fri Oct 4 11:40:22 2002 Source code installation start Fri Oct 4 11:43:07 2002 Source code installation end Fri Oct 4 11:43:08 2002 Binutils (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

Liam, What exactly are your errors using cygwin? Post them here. I might take a couple of posts back and forth but I do believe it is possible. I have it running on Windows 98 and I know other have been successful with Windows. What windows OS are (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin

I, too, have been at it for three weeks. gcc and bintools build OK under cygwin, but when it gets to the cross-compiler, the whole make process craps out. The compile fails because some of the cross-compiler sources are (complaining about) missing (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  a suggestion for BrickOS

Who would I contact about creating a library of math functions? (sqrt, sin, cos, tan, invsin, invcos, invtan, and ect.) Would they be able to add the library to the standard files in the BrickOS project? Timothy (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Instructions for building DJGPP H8300 cross compiler

Steve Hassenplug <hassenplug@mail.com> wrote in message news:20020930130735....ail.com... (...) Steve, Not yet. As I mentioned at the end of the post I have only gotten so far with the gcc cross compiler. I get several warnings about conflicting (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Instructions for building DJGPP H8300 cross compiler

Ed, This is GREAT to see. Will this work with the latest version of BrickOS? Steve ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed Manlove" <emanlove@ieee.org> Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:06:53 GMT To: lugnet.robotics.rcx....lugnet.com Subject: Instructions (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Use built-in Ir instead of IR-Tower?

(...) The IR protocol is slightly different. While IRDA only sends short pulses the Lego Tower sends a signal for the whole time slot. It is very unlikely that one can get them work together. Jochen (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Use built-in Ir instead of IR-Tower?

Hi! i have a sub-notebook without any com-ports so i can't use my IR-Tower. But the built in IR is reachable over com5 (btw: i'm working with cygwin). so i changed dll to com5 (export...) but now i get the error(when dll'ing): Error 21: sending (...) (22 years ago, 29-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Instructions for building DJGPP H8300 cross compiler

The following are instructions I am using for building the Hitachi H8300 cross compiler for the DJGPP environment. Please read through the entire message before proceeding. Download the following DJGPP/GNU packages from www.delorie.com or one of its (...) (22 years ago, 29-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: some more questions about lnp.

The frequency of the RCX's IR does not change at all: " The RCX uses a 38kHz carrier, which is pretty typical for TV remotes. As for the sampling rate, the RCX runs at 2400 bps, which makes each bit approx 417us " (URL) think the only way you could (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: some more questions about lnp.

duh... guess i was kinda wrong here.. IR is in reality a frequency defined from A to B. any messages sent within this spectre is said to be IR messages. so in theory sending an IR message closer to A than B from one RCX. and at the same time sending (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Watch Dog Timer on the H8

Has anyone been able to make use of the Watch Dog Timer on the RCX? The H8 documentation seems to spell out the workings quite well. BrickOS (LegOS) has minimal support (a vector is declared for both NMI and overflow) and pbForth files list the WDT (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  some more questions about lnp.

ok, im back again with even more questions. when i created my last program using lnp on an RCX i did a mistake by setting the same port as the one im listening on and the one im sending on. this made me think. what is the reason we use two different (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Update for DJGPP version

Here is an update for my (slow) progress for creating a DJGPP compatible or port of brickOS. At this time I am solely focused on getting a cross compiler built and putting off other issues (such as tty comms, see (URL) I have tried three methods to (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  some measurements in lnp, please comment!

hi all, i have made some measurements with lnp in legOS 0.2.4 under ideal conditions (dark room with minimal load on PC and RCX) and found that sending a 10 byte message with lnp_addressing_write averages on about 0.06136 seconds (+/- 10 ms for time (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact