 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2933
2932  |  2934
Subject:
Interruptions in BrickOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 07:15:15 GMT

Hi, I'am a researcher of the Free University Of Brussels. We're currently
working on embedded systems. We would like to generate code for embedded
systems from a specification language which could be used for formal
verification. We chose Legos for our tests.
For us, real-time properties of the platform is really important :
so, I have 3 questions :
- it seems that the only possible interruption is the one from the 1ms timer.
Is it right?
- In the scheduler code, there is a remark saying it can't be interrupted.
Why? Is it because you assume it will always has finished his job in less
than 1ms, thus before the next interruption? Or is it because the
interruptions are suspended by some mean I did not see?
- Last question : when the scheduler is called, if its task structure is
blocked by another task, it'll let this task finish. So, if that task is
active for a whole new timeslice, he'll take control again only afther this
whole timeslice. So it's possible the scheduler is not really used for two
(or more) timeslices in place of one. Is it right?

Thank you.