 Robotics / RCX / 1842
Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 21:46:53 GMT

"Mark Riley" <markril@hotmail.com> writes:

Well, the thing that confused me was that people
were using some of this same address space as
external RAM.

For example, in the 0328 firmware, after it gets
downloaded it moves some of its code up into the
RAM starting at 0xf100.  It subsequently makes
calls to the functions located in this upper RAM
region and apparently everything works fine.

Interesting, I never looked at that version.
I think the one disassembled by Kekoa is 0309.

Current versions of leJOS also use this upper memory
to store part of its firmware (almost 3K).

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/