 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2951
Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:51:18 GMT

On Mittwoch, 13. November 2002 19:47, Joseph Woolley wrote:
Mark,

I do not currently know enough about GCC to make the changes that you
mentioned, but I am hoping that one of the other developers does.  Also, I
am wondering what code can be put there to take up that space.

I have implemented what Mark Riley has suggested.  I submitted a patch
to the patches section at the sourceforge project page.  The changes
are quite small but require some tricky tweaks to the build process.
I have only minimally tested it and only under linux, so if it breaks
for cygwin users let me know.

The patch currently puts the memory functions in high memory, but this
is easy to change.  Just add __TEXT_HI__ to the definition of those
functions you want to have in this area.  You can pick any function
except kmain and memcpy.  What remains to be done is to select a set
of functions that is present under every configuration and optimally
uses the 3 KB of high memory.

Regards,

  Jochen

--
Jochen Hoenicke, University of Oldenburg, 26111 Oldenburg, Germany
Email: hoenicke@informatik.uni-oldenburg.de  Tel: +49 441 798 3124