 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2952
Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:54:23 GMT

<snip>
and put these functions in a seperate linker section
(other than the default ".text" section).  Using the
linker script, the functions in this new section would
be compiled to run at 0xf002, but initially stored
at the tail end of the normal brickOS code.  When
brickOS gets downloaded and executed, one
of the first things it would do is move these functions
to upper RAM.  The space previously occupied
by the functions can now be added to malloc's
memory pool.

Ok, thank you for the explaination!  I am thinking that the Memory Manager
would need some rework to support this, since the start of memory is
currently established at compile time.  I will have to take a look at this
(time allowing).

<snip>

Six of the 8 bits are used to control the motors.  Two
are presumably unused.  Kekoa's RCX internals
pages describe the function of the various bits.

I guess I should spend some more time looking at the BrickOS motor code and
Kekoa's page.  I am interested to see how this works.  For instance, how you
can write to the motor register without corrupting code stored at those
locations.

Thanks again!
// Joe