 Robotics / RCX / 1846
Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:42:05 GMT

kekoa@graphics.stanford.edu (Kekoa Proudfoot) writes:
Mark Riley <markril@hotmail.com> wrote:
So, I wrote a little test program that wrote a unique
pattern to all memory in the range 0xf000-0xfb7f.
I then inspected the memory, and sure enough the
entire pattern was intact.  It turns out that the entire
range is RAM, even the address 0xf000!

This is interesting.  It makes sense that the memory backing these
locations still works, but I never would have thought to try to use it.  I
will make a note of this on my pages.

While you are at it you could also make a remark near
the explanation of the f000 motor control register,
and make it clear that this is a hardware function.

When I started to use this extra memory in leJOS I missed
the remark at the very end and assumed that it was some kind
of interrupt that copied this register to some hardware output port,
so I could use the rest of the memory freely.  Not so ...

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/