 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2862
2861  |  2863
Subject:
some more questions about lnp.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:29:33 GMT

ok, im back again with even more questions.
when i created my last program using lnp on an RCX i did a mistake by
setting the same port as the one im listening on and the one im sending
on.
this made me think. what is the reason we use two different ports to
listen for, and send, messages?
i mean, you are either sending or receiving. IR by its nature (as i
understand it), is a broadcast medium and if one RCX sends at the same
time
as another RCX tries to send, the resulting IR that may, or may not, get
to the other RCX will most likely be garbled. thus an RCX cannot
be sending and receiving an IR message at the same time!
By this errr....theorem(?)  i conclude that only one port is needed to
send and receive.

soo..hmm...any comments ?

regards
kennethj