 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2863
2862  |  2864
Subject:
Watch Dog Timer on the H8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 22:49:48 GMT

Has anyone been able to make use of the Watch Dog Timer on the RCX?

The H8 documentation seems to spell out the workings quite well.  BrickOS
(LegOS) has minimal support (a vector is declared for both NMI and overflow)
and pbForth files list the WDT vector/interrupt.

I have been attempting to make use of this timer in a test version of
BrickOS.  Everything compiles ok, but the overflow interrupt never fires;
using the NMI settings and mapping the nmi_vector to my routine doesn't work
either.

I understand that the NMI might not work, since the NMI pin on the H8 may be
tied to something.  However, in the overflow configuration, I don't see
anything that would keep it from working.

If anyone has been able to tie an interrupt routine to this timer in some
way, I really want to talk to them!

// Joe