 Robotics / RCX / *7155 (-100)
  brickOS with BricxCC

So far I have heard from two people who have successfully used brickOS with BricxCC. I'm interested in whether anyone else has tried using BricxCC to edit/compile/download programs to brickOS. Currently BricxCC requires that the cygwin bin directory (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  dll questions

I'm working on a new release of BricxCC at the moment and I want to better understand the dll utility - specifically the RCX host address and RCX source port options. I think I understand the RCX host address part. Correct me if I'm wrong. Supposing (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: makedepend variable in Makefiles

Investigating into this further, apparently from the comments in CVS, a change was made to the makefile in legOS\boot (Rev 1.2) and legOS\demo (Rev 1.2) some three years ago. The comment stated "replaced makedepend by MAKEDEPEND". But no similar (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: workaround.patch for h8300-hms-ld crash

(...) No problem. Stupid lugnet server stripped out the attachments. Here is the patch, both attached and inline. BrickOS maintainers: How about applying (some ideas from) this patch? Max Index: Makefile.user ===...=== RCS file: (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Transmitting time USB vs serial

(...) Michael, I tried your programs on Windows and Linux. On Windows 98 the USB tower takes about one second to reply (990 - 1100ms). On Linux it took about 9 seconds as you indicate. This looks like a problem with the Linux USB driver. I will ask (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: LNP problem

(...) This works in deed! Thank you so much Michael! No way I would have found this myself. BB (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP problem

(...) Ok. This is indeed the result if you run the original LNP package. There are several problems with your sources, too. So try the following to get things done: First, go to the lnpd subdir and edit rcxtty.c. In function tty_init you find a line (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP problem

(...) Thanks. Too bad it doesn't work, but at least now I know it's not me :) Please let me know if I can be of any help. BB (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP problem

(...) I know that this won't help, but I tried your program (and the lnptest.c program from the lnp distribution) and got the same errors. No message came through, only frame errors. Will have a closer look at this. Regards, Michael (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP problem

(...) You are right, that would have probably given me a segfaut if the handler would have ever been called, but it isn't. Even a single, static printf in the handler doesn't work. What worries me are the error messages lnpd reports: (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP problem

(...) What about ptr = (char *)&temp; Regards Michael (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP problem

Hi, I'm just getting started using LNP, read the howto and tried to play around with the examples therein. However, somthing goes wrong. I have a little programm on the RCX increasing a counter every second, displaying it's value on the lCD and (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS & LinuxUSB & lnpd

Hi, I would like to get your patches to make the tower and lnpd to w ork. I already have the tower working but I would like to see if did an ything different. So can you please send me your patches? (X) the patch to legotower.c to get the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX simulation

(...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  RCX simulation

hi All, does anyone has experience with this RCX simulation tool ? Stef Mientki (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  BrickOS & LinuxUSB & lnpd

(i had a few problems to post, so this msg is a little too late...) Hi, i am new to brickOS, (since christmas) and i have one of those fancy RCX2.0 bricks with an USB IR-Tower. I am using debian and have little experiences with usb and (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB IR tower support in Lunix

Hi, I got the USB IR-tower to work under linux using the same patch Florian used. I also sent an updated patch that applies to 0.2.6.09 to the original author of the patch. However I have to caution that the said patch only works with UHCI hubs that (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Communication between RCX's with BrickOS

...Problem Solved #include <lnp/lnp-logical.h> lnp_logical_range(1); I set the IR transmission range to far and everything works fine. It seems the issue was that the RCX's are not facing eachother and depend on bouncing mesages off a wall. I'm (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  makedepend variable in Makefiles

While attempting to build brickOS under DJGPP I noticed a few discrepancies across the makefiles using the variable makedepend. Under the directories boot, demo, demo/c++ for the .depend rule it uses the variable $(MAKEDEPEND) while the makefiles in (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Communication between RCX's with BrickOS

Hello Everyone, I have been working on a dual RCX robot for quite some time now, and have just recently upgraded to BrickOS. At first I attempted to used the LNP communication functions, such as lnp_adressing_write. I am not an expert, and I got (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB IR tower support in Lunix

(...) Good! (...) I posted via the web-interface, I guess one needs a javascript browser for that. I like the navigation of the webinterface within threads. (...) Ah, very good! Does it also support the high-speed mode ? (...) Sounds like a good (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB IR tower support in Lunix

(...) I just got the USB tower to work. At least, for downloading the BrickOS.srec kernel. I think I have to hack some more today to find a way to let 'dll' work with the /dev/tower0 device. I used the devicedriver at (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX remote and Spybotics

I have noticed that they do interfer - mostly just 'blocking' signals from one or another. I haven't done any experimenting with changing frequencies on the spybots or tried to work around tis problem. I would still get a remote for the RCX - it (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX remote and Spybotics

Happy New Year! (again) "Mark Ferris" <markdf2001@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:dpg41vcgltkjmnk...4ax.com... (...) A lot of infrared "in the air" certainly conflicts, because there are no IR-channels. A pair LED and transistor work in a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX remote and Spybotics

Will the RCX remote control conflict with the IR signals from the Spybotics controller? I don't have a remote control, but I'd like to get one for my RCX so I can build my own style bot to compete with my kids, but I want to make sure my remote will (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Float and int

(...) For most brick projects I can think of, it is. If you want to travel your robot around, you will have to deal with sin, cos, tan and square root. First thing you can do is working with tables to avoid "on the fly" sin calculation. Second, you (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Float and int

(...) I'm doing a seminar at BricksWest on fixed point notation and simple algorithms for square root, trig, etc for BrickOS and pbForth users. The focus will be on the mechanics of the algorithms, the actual code implementation will be a "exercise (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Float and int

(...) Mabie Fixed Point is an answer. I dont know how it works but I have a book that suggests that a decent Fixed Point library can be faster than Floating Point if there isnt an FPU available. (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Float and int

(...) You should look in the gnu gcc compiler documentation for this. Float support is not OS but compiler specific. As I recall, gcc uses IEEE float format, the specification should be found somewhere in the net. But doing float with the brick is (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Float and int

(...) int is 16 bits, big endian, signed. It goes from -32768 to 32767. unsigned int goes from 0 to 65535. char is 8, long is 32, long long is 64, with the standard limits. Floats and doubles are emulated in software, as the H8/300 processor has no (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Float and int

Does anyone know what the maximum and minimum size of integer which can be stored is? Likewise, what is the floating point accuracy of BrickOS for variables of type "float" and "double" (is there such thing in BrickOS?) ? Both of these questions (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  NQC for BeOS

Hi, I've uploaded my port of NQC 2.4.r3 to the BeOS. You can find it here: (URL) looking for help with the USB driver, anyone can help? Regards Gabriele Biffi (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Transmitting time USB vs serial

Hello, I use lejos 2.1.0 and legousbtower 0.52 from the lejos distribution. I measured the transmitting time of an Int from PC to RCX with the attached programs and got the following result: 1. single integer (LED at the tower is off before pressing (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

(...) Spybotics uses a new IR protocol for communication between Spybotics devices, but the IR is also has user-configurable and can send RCX-style messages. Here is a sample program that sends messages from Spybotics to an RCX (or Scout): (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

(...) With the latest release of Brixcc, you have the ability to control the spybot. I sent commands to the spybot from Bricxx, but havent' gotten to the point of actually sending commands from the RCX to the Spybot--been a little busy lately. That (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

(...) I'm no expert here, but I hate to see questions go unanswered. I believe you can use the same NQC commands to send messages to and from the spybot as used in the standard RCX. (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

Having read the messages in the various newsgoups, I must admit I'm a little puzzled. I've seen a lot of discussion about IR communication, but I don't think I have a straight answer. I have an RCX, a Scout, and some Spybotics under the Christmas (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  USB IR tower support in Lunix

I have seen some past messages in this forum regarding the support for the USB IR tower in the Linux version of BrickOS. However, it seems that nothing have been added recently to the CVS tree at SourceForge. Is somebody working on this project (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: New Version of leJOS

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: linker segmentation fault

(...) Workaround attached. Brickos maintainers: Any comments? Maybe put something vaguely like it into CVS? Max. (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  linker segmentation fault

I'm running Red Hat Linux 8.0 (gcc 3.2 and binutils 2.13). Whe I try to compile the demos that come with brickOS 0.2.6.09, using binutils 2.12.91 for the cross-linker and gcc 3.2.1 as cross-compiler, the linker crashes. Here is the output of the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Threading...

(...) To tell you the truth, I'm not exactly sure how the BrickOS PWM works, but I do know the standard RCX PWM simply switches the motors between ON and FLOAT, which will not slow the motor down, when it switches from a high power, to a lower (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sys_time (long post)

Only a suggestion, In any processor architecture (with or without disabling or recursive interrupts) when I need to read timers with more than 1 single instruction I do the following: Read the timer (both low and high value) until I get 2 times the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sys_time (long post)

(...) I went back and read... I was missing something apparently... Note to self... do not skim. -Kekoa (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sys_time (long post)

Does the H8 let an interrupt interrupt an interrupt? (Or at least the interrupts that matter in this case?) You two might want to check on that. It would seem the code is safe if the answer to the first question is no... ? Maybe I'm missing (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Firmware download troubles

The size of the firmware isn't going past the 0xcc00 boundary, is it? The firmware in the RCX only does a sum on the bytes up to 0xCBFF in the downloaded firmware, as far as I recall... Cheers, Ralph (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: BrickOS Threading...

Joe, (...) Maybe a special kernel build for testing purposes that increments the lower sys_time word by 0x4000 instead of 1. This will greatly increase the opportunity for this glitch to occur (from once every 65 seconds to once every 4ms.) You (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Firmware download troubles

(...) The problem he's describing, if it's the same one I have, is independant of the position, direction, and power level of the tower. It seems to have something to do with BrixCC itself. The only thing I find puzzling is that Matt (the other Matt (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: BrickOS Threading...

Steve, I checked in some changes this morning (into cvs) to put the motor controller back at the 1 ms interval. However, I want to complete the get_sys_time() updates that Mark Riley has proposed; so that can be tested as well. I am not sure when (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Firmware download troubles

(...) It's funny that you should bring this up - I've had exactly the same problems with several RCX's and downloading firmware from BrixCC. The only solution I've been able to find is to download the firmware using the RIS2.0 software and then (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: sys_time (long post)

(...) It turns out that the nature of the glitch depends on the order you read the upper and lower 16-bits of sys_time. If the compiler generates code that reads the high word first (which it seems to do), then your example will work. However, if (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Threading...

(...) In trying to balance an RCX on two wheels, every little bit makes a difference. I didn't think it would matter quite that much, but my robot really shakes more with the new version. Thanks for the work, Steve (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  setjmp/longjmp for brickOS

Hi all, I am currently attending to a lecture in real time system on my university and we were assigned the homework to do exception handling in C on the RCX using setjmp and longjmp. Of course those are not available in brickOS so that task (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Threading...

(...) <snip> (...) Steve, Yes, infact I had tested a couple different applications with the motor controller being called every 1 ms and the same ones with a 2 ms interval. I didn't see a difference with those applications, but did recognize the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Threading...

(...) ... (...) This change seem to improve things. Can I change it back to the way it was before? Thanks Steve (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sys_time (long post)

Mark, Excellent Post ! Ok, I will admit it; I was the one that put the sys_time handler on the NMI. 8-) I guess I will want to think about this a bit; but I see that you have done a good bit of that yourself. ... Could the 'Get' function do the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Win98 cygwin USB installation

Hi Collin, This post by John Hansen fixed things for me: (URL) Spencer" <cspencer@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote in message news:H71CzB.Ipu@lugnet.com... (...) USB (...) them or (...) to (...) the (...) the (...) USB (...) that (...) the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Win98 cygwin USB installation

Ok, I think I figured it out...I don't completely understand the logistics of makefiles, but I changed the following line in Makefile.common: Before: CFLAGS = -O2 -Wall After: CFLAGS += -O2 -Wall I suspect that a later assignment to CFLAGS was (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Win98 cygwin USB installation

Hello, I recently bought the LEGO mindstorms Invention System kit and I am trying to get brickOS v0.2.6 working on my PC (Win98). I also have the USB tower. So far, I have found 4 bugs in the current script. I was able to fix 3 them or work around (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BrickOS Threading...

The motor handler is only called once ever 2ms in the latest version of BrickOS (as opposed to every 1ms in earlier versions). This is a fairly recent change and it could be causing a "granularity" type problem with certain speed settings in your (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOS Threading...

I'm having a problem, and I hope someone can help me. I've been running winLegOS, and I've switched to the latest version of BrickOS. I created a way to control the motors, which will reliably speed them up, and slow them down by using different (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  sys_time (long post)

As I was poking around in the BrickOS kernel, it occurred to me that using the sys_time variable isn't entirely safe. Since sys_time is 32-bits and the processor can only read 16-bits at a time into a register, there is a period of time between the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Cygwin under Virtual PC on OS X

(...) David, I was not sure how you tried to build the cross compiler but I know that Apple provides several gnu tools that work under Darwin. Darwin from my understanding is the underlying code for the Mac OS X (See FAQ at (URL) So one might be (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Cygwin under Virtual PC on OS X

Oops, Sorry if I accidentally gave anyone false hope, I ment to say: I have not found any cross compiler packages for LegOS or the Hitachi H8 that are buildable under OS X (but would love to find one). Anyone know of any? (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Firmware download troubles

(...) Look at Edit/Preferences. On the General tab is a checkbox labeled "Use fast mode when downloading firmware" You can uncheck that option to use normal speed firmware downloads via BricxCC. John Hansen (URL) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Firmware download troubles

The low buzz tone is an error generated by the ROM firmware for failure condition detected as part of the "unlock firmware" opcode. There are two causes of this. [1] ROM software calculates a checksum value of the downloaded firmware and this (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Firmware download troubles

(...) ... (...) Dick and others, Thanks - this helped. What I did to solve this was run the NCQ command-line download at "normal" speed. This worked the first time. Interestingly, I am not sure that the Bricx (v3.3) download was running quad speed (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Firmware download troubles

A likely explanation for your downloading problem is the following. Standard Lego software uses 2400 baud data rate and a protocol that sends "double" bytes. The "double" byte is that each data byte is followed by its complement. Alternative (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Installation Help!

Max, Aha! I did that and it got a lot further this time, but still failed. I'll have to wade through the log file to try and pinpoint where it went wrong as I don't want to post the whole 180k. Thanks for your help! Andy -----Original Message----- (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Firmware download troubles

Matt, I discovered that the IR LED's and detector on my serial tower was located higher than I expected and pointed upward somewhat. I was able to get better transfers when the tower was leaning forward (pointing downward so to speak). Otherwise, I (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Firmware download troubles

Also: When it seems to get to the very end before the error appears, I sometimes get a long (3-4 seconds) low tone from the RCX. Matt (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Firmware download troubles

Hi All, I have pulled my RCX out of summer storage and I am trying to bring it to life. I have tried to download the 2.0 Firmware (firm0328.lgo) dozens of times with no success. It starts to download, then somewhere in the middle, or very close to (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Installation Help!

(...) You need to install the Cygwin gcc package. You need the normal Cygwin gcc to build the Cygwin->H8300 cross-compiler gcc. Max. (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: installation of cygwin and legos/brickos

John, It looks as if you don't have the cross compiler or it is is not in a known directory. Try searching your entire hard drive for h8300. That might bring something up. You should have either tired to build the cross compiler or downloaded it (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Installation Help!

Thanks for the info! I checked and I do have grep installed. But I did not install anything other than was listed. I initially tried to install everything but the download died after a couple of hours on my T1 connection. Would some kind person with (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Installation Help!

(...) Hi Max, I got: $ gcc -v BASH: gcc: command not found but the command I am running to get all this output is the buildgcc.sh command to build gcc. Andy (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Ultimate Builders Set for Mac?

All the instructions on the UBS CD are jpegs and quicktime movs. This means that you can read them on a mac without using virtual PC, and if you have Quicktime Pro, you can join them all together as a slide show. Look on the CD in shared/build. I (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Ultimate Builders Set for Mac?

James, Thanks for the helpful info! If a PC is really needed only for reading the build instructions, do you think I could read them using Virtual PC running on my Mac? Dean (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Ultimate Builders Set for Mac?

The LEGO pieces you get with the Ultimate Builders Set are a nice addition to any collection. However, the software with all the instructions for all the models only runs on the PC. All the behaviors are completely possible with Robolab but without (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Ultimate Builders Set for Mac?

We use Robolab software and the RCX on our Power Macintosh G3. Will the Ultimate Buiders Set work for us in that environment? Dean (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: installation of cygwin and legos/brickos

(...) Saw this problem before. You might check older mails in this newsgroup discussing that. Running brickOS under Linux I don't know much about the cygwin problems. But your makefile assumes that the c compiler can be run with the command "cc" (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: installation of cygwin and legos/brickos

John, What version of legOS are you using? Looking at the code below it seems to indicate that you are using legOS ver 0.2.6 (unless in the newer versions of brickOS we forgot to change a directory name). I am also going to gues that you are using (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  installation of cygwin and legos/brickos

I have previously reported problems in installing cygwin and legos, and have tried again to get this up and running. I believe that cygwin is not properly installed and have included information here on all modules included and error messages when I (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: New Threading Model in legOS 0.2.5

(...) One can view an English translation using Babel here, (URL) goto (URL) and enter the url (URL) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  New Threading Model in legOS 0.2.5

Hi In our diploma work we implemented a completely new threading model. We implemented a subset of the pthreads API as it is available in Linux. Now eventhandling has also been improved. One negative point: we did not yet adabt dynamic program (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Installation Help!

(...) ... (...) I have built the h8300 cross compilers many times now. It was hard at first, but now I've nailed down the correct set of options, I have no problems. Here are the commands I use: First: export PATH=/h8x/bin:$PATH Binutils: (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Installation Help!

(...) Are you *sure* you installed gcc ? Try 'gcc -v' from a Cygwin prompt, and post the output. Max. (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Installation Help!

Hello I am certainly not an expert, and have not yet been successful in installing BrickOS myself. But I have some experience in one of the messages that you are getting: (...) I believe that if you are using the instructions as listed at (URL) that (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Installation Help!

Hi, I'm sorry if this has already been posted a million times before. I tried using te search for some of the errors I am seeing but I couldn't find any matches. It is failing when I try to build the gcc compiler. I'm following the installation (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LEGO MindStorms 2.0: Alternative transmission techniques 2

Hi, I know that the original post (read below) is kind of old, but the hole project seems quite interesting. I also read the reply that Mario posted. I agree with him in all the points. I'll assume that you want to develop a vehicle, not a robot (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: LEGO MindStorms 2.0: Alternative transmission techniques

Hi, I know that the original post (read below) is kind of old, but the hole project seems quite interesting. I also read the reply that Mario posted. I agree with him in all the points. I'll assume that you want to develop a vehicle, not a robot (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  MacNQC Beta Release 3.0a7

Hi All, I've uploaded MacNQC 3.0a7. One new feature: * The Piano Panel can now sound the notes it's playing on the Mac. Bugs fixed: * Updated the NQC compiler to 2.5 a3. * Fixed the NQC_Guide and MacNQC_Guide help menu items. * Fixed a crash when (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Controlling larger motors from RCX ??

Terry, I'd like to have more details about your project. I wonder, wouldn't be easier if you use a PICMicro MCU? or maybe another controller family? Tell me more, maybe I can help. Best Regards, CarlosLuis Rendon M. "Terry King" <tking@together.net> (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: brickOS and latest binutils

(...) The $-sign before symbol addresses was accidentaly removed when that bit of code was re-written to fix a different bug. It's now back. (...) Not really. I may have overstated that. Basically, it involves some moderately complex interactions (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: brickOS and latest binutils

(...) What's the change? Has the symbolsrec format reverted to the one used before? (...) Why a COFF guru? To understand the h8300-coff format? Sorry if these are stupid questions. Just curious. (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Motor LCD arrows bug

In BrickOS 0.2.6.08, there's a minor bug where the LCD arrows misbehave when the motor direction is set to brake. I believe the intention is to turn both direction arrows on when the output is in the brake state. However, what happens is that only (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNPD problem

At times I have experienced some issues wth using lnp; I was generally able to improve or elliminate the problem by increasing the packet_handler task priority... or lowering all other tasks to be less than the packet handler. (This includes kernel (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  brickOS and latest binutils (1 issue now fixed in binutils CVS, and workaround patch to brickOS for the other)

The "invalid symbolsrec file" issue (error from makelx) issue is now fixed in binutils CVS, both on the trunk, and on the 2.13 branch - so the next release of binutils, be it 2.13.2 or 2.14 will have this fixed. The "ld segmentation fault" issue is (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNPD problem

Hi Pieter, I'll take a shot at it... It's possible you may be experiencing a transmission problem on the RCX side. That's not to say that your RCX can't transmit IR data correctly... obviously it can since you are able to download BrickOS and that (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  LNPD problem

Hi there, I still don't manage to send any packages from the rcx to the PC. I attached the client and the "receiver program" and here is a fragment of the lnpd log: 148032:Client > connection 1 from host 127.0.0.1, port 33485 148039:Logical > (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact