 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3070
3069  |  3071
Subject:
dll questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 20:16:37 GMT

I'm working on a new release of BricxCC at the moment and I want to better
understand the dll utility - specifically the RCX host address and RCX
source port options.

I think I understand the RCX host address part.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
Supposing you have multiple RCX bricks running brickOS and you want each one
to have its own address then you use

dll -n#

to set the LNP Host address for each brick where # = 0..15.  Then when you
are downloading programs to the bricks only the brick with the correct
address will pay attention to the transmission.  So you would download to a
brick with address 3 with

dll -r3 [other options/commands]

That all seems straightforward and I have a facility in place in the next
release of BricxCC which will let you pick the address to use when you
download a program (and I've added support for the 3 additional program
slots).  I haven't the faintest idea of what you would use the -s# option
for when downloading programs.  What does it mean to download to address 4
port 5, for instance?  Can someone give me a quick explanation?

Thanks,

John Hansen