 Robotics / RCX / 1870
Re: Firmware download troubles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 21:32:52 GMT

Matt,

I discovered that the IR LED's and detector on my serial tower was
located higher than I expected and pointed upward somewhat.  I was able
to get better transfers when the tower was leaning forward (pointing
downward so to speak).  Otherwise, I had to raise the RCX up to "eye"
level compared to the tower.

I have not looked at the USB tower yet.

I hope it is something easy to solve!

// Joe

Matt White wrote:
Also:

When it seems to get to the very end before the error appears, I sometimes
get a long (3-4 seconds) low tone from the RCX.

Matt