 Robotics / RCX / 1873
Re: Firmware download troubles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 04:24:04 GMT

The low buzz tone is an error generated by the ROM firmware for
failure condition detected as part of the "unlock firmware" opcode.
There are two causes of this. [1] ROM software calculates a checksum
value of the downloaded firmware and this mismatched against a
checksum sent from the PC or [2] the "do you knock if I byte" string
was not found in the downloaded code.

In either case, assuming the downloaded file was not corruptto begin
with,  it indicates a transmission failure during one of the download
packets that was not detected by the PC.

"Matt White" <mwhite@silenus.com> wrote in message
Also:

When it seems to get to the very end before the error appears, I • sometimes
get a long (3-4 seconds) low tone from the RCX.

Matt