 Robotics / RCX / 1872
Re: Firmware download troubles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:38:19 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Dick Swan writes:

Message transmission in quad speed is not reliable when there is a
large block of consecutive zeros in the message data. I have found
that it is not robust when more than 25+ consecutive zeros are
transmitted.

One solution is to disable the quad speed downloader.

Dick and others,

Thanks - this helped. What I did to solve this was run the NCQ command-line
download at "normal" speed. This worked the first time. Interestingly, I am
not sure that the Bricx (v3.3) download was running quad speed though. I
have no option for download speed choices (that I can see).

Thanks again!

Matt