 Robotics / Spybotics / 119
Re: RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 15:10:09 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Steve Hassenplug writes:
In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Mark Ferris writes:
Having read the messages in the various newsgoups, I must admit I'm a
little puzzled.   I've seen a lot of discussion about IR
communication, but I don't think I have a straight answer.  I have an
RCX, a Scout, and some Spybotics under the Christmas tree for the
kids.  I know the RCX and Scout talk together, but I've been using
that feature.  Will the Spybotics also talk with those two and/or
amongst themselves in a way that is programmable with NQC?

I'm no expert here, but I hate to see questions go unanswered.

I believe you can use the same NQC commands to send messages to and from the
spybot as used in the standard RCX.

With the latest release of Brixcc, you have the ability to control the
spybot.  I sent commands to the spybot from Bricxx, but havent' gotten to
the point of actually sending commands from the RCX to the Spybot--been a
little busy lately.

That said, I think if you program with Bricxx/NQC, you will be able to send
IR commands from the RCX to the Spybot--dunno about vice versa though.

Take care.

Dave K