 Robotics / RCX / *3355 (-100)
  Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor...

(...) That's nasty... Lego "SHOULD" be willing to replace it. Other then that you *COULD* take it apart and try to press the parts back together... But if your not familiar with electronics it could end is a worse state... Dean -- Coin-Op's For (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor...

(...) Mine was dropped onto a wooden floor from the height of the hands of my three year old son. It has permanently lost the lower half of the display and the right-most part - so program numbers are quite hard to decipher. Program 1 is not shown, (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  The Datalog

To my mind, the datalog is a good feature, since it helps with debugging or adjusting sensors. I found very useful for analyzing light sensor values, measured during movements (e.g. proximity detection). Another useful application was measuring the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: liv@duke.edu

Do I still mention arthurdent in the HOWTO? Please point me at the section of the HOWTO that still points to arthurdent, because that machine/url have been disconnected for several months now, and I want to ensure that there are no references (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  liv@duke.edu

Luis, could you please send me the demo.c you mention in the HOWTO. I can't connect to arthurdent Thanks -- ___...___ Oscar Deniz Suarez odeniz@dis.ulpgc.es Becario de Investigacion - Research Grant Holder Centro de Tecnologia de los Sistemas y la (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  USB / x86 open sys based RCX replacement??

After playing with my legos, RCX, NQC, stuff for awhile, I find a more powerful RCX with proviions for more inputs and outputs and lots more memory, CPU power, options, and interconnections, seems like it would be desireable. A very common reaction (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS doesn't work under NT?

Oscar Deniz Suarez <odeniz@dis.ulpgc.es> wrote in message news:G2016F.L1z@lugnet.com... (...) some (...) problems, (...) Maybe, but I know there's differences - I can't get NT to talk to my qv-100 digital camera over the serial port, but Linux & (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX, Servos ,and Pneumatics

Hi All, I've just updated my site with new information on controlling standard RC servos with the RCX. Besides the dead-simple schematic that uses Radio-Shack parts, you can even control pneumatic switches! There are a few pictures that show a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor...

Not if was on when that battery disconnects. I think the memory is powered through a capacitor or somthing like that, when the RCX if off the power to the memory is maintained even when batteries arn't in for a few minuets because of the small (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor...

Yes, it was on, and when I picked it up, it was turned off. I thought "No! It's broken!" but you could turn it on, and the firmware was gone. But doesn't the batteries need to be disconnected for like a minute for the firmware to be erased from (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS doesn't work under NT?

(...) are some (...) problems, (...) Absolutly Yes. (...) 0.2.3 and (...) memcpy.c. I (...) to (...) Begin from these two URLs: (URL) Paolo. --- Indecision is the key to flexibility. (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor...

(...) I've "dropped" my RCX & Scout a few times... Mostly when an invention suddenly speeds with all it's might off the table and onto the floor. I've been very lucky not even lost firmware. I had a kid drop the Lego remote and it popped apart. I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor...

(...) Loss of firmware... perhaps the batteries temporarily lost their connection when you dropped the RCX? Was the RCX on at the time? -Kekoa (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor...

(...) I think I dropped it once with loss of its memory, but my memory is faint, wasn't that important. That's because I occasionally drop my Palm III, which is probably in the same league, with the highest drop at about a meter. It never had any (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Dropping your RCX on the floor...

I've dropped my RCX two times (actually, first mine, then my brothers... Ooops...), and both time, the only thing that happened was that the RCX couldn't remember it's firmware... I thought it would break, but it didn't... Anyone who was not this (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS doesn't work under NT?

(...) computer (...) have (...) correctly (...) I don't think it's the serial port handling under NT, because there are some guys out there who have been able to work with legos and NT without problems, isn't it? By now, I think it could be a bug in (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Which set contains the Temparature Sensor?

(...) It's not necessary. The Temp sensor is actually reporting 717 degrees. All they did was move the decimal place. With the 0328 firmware the User Display lets you put the point where ever you want. Need decimal places? Multiply your figures by (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS doesn't work under NT?

(...) problems. (...) appears (...) Only thing I can think is maybe the serial port driver does something funny in NT. I'm not familiar with the serial comms used in firmdl & dll, and don't have the source here at work, but maybe this causes the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Is Extreme Creatures Good?

I got Extreme Creatures about a month ago when it was last on special at S@H for $25. I guess for the Fibre Optic unit and the collection of parts, it's not a bad price. As far as I can tell, it's the only way you can get the FOS main unit from (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: The datalog

(...) Series of measurements. I've used it to measure light sensor values while doing a 360 degree turn next to a candle (disappointing, the candle made hardly a dent), and to measure raw values for touch sensors while pushing them slowly, 1/100mm (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  legOS doesn't work under NT?

I've been using legOS for Windows (Vamos-Wentworth's distribution) both on Windows 95 and Windows 98. Due to some reasons, I'll have to use a NT computer from now on (I'm the administrator). I installed everything, even the long filename support (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Is Extreme Creatures Good? (WAS: Re: US S@H Specials, Sep 20 - Sep 26, 2000)

(...) i'll (...) Not in my opinion, just a random collection of additional parts. There is an inventory at: (URL) I didn't buy the set, so maybe owners of the set would have a contrary opinion. Kerry (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: The datalog

(...) If only the RCX could read it's own data... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: The datalog

(...) numbers. It can only log timers, sensors, variables, and the system watch. When a value is logged, its source is also logged. For example, AddToDatalog(Timer(1)) adds the current value of Timer 1 to the log and also stores that this entry came (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Sharp GP2D05 Infrared Ranger and the RCX

Hey, my GP2D12 just showed up. I ordered it from Acroname. It comes with a nice little booklet with details on how to rig it, and it even has some Handyboard code and interface info. I have test equipment in my lab too. I'll plug it into a power (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Visual J++?

Has anyone used the OCX with Visual J++? Have any examples? -ben (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: The datalog

BTW, what does the datalog *store*? Numbers? Events? Anything? And what good is it for (besides the methods we've disscussed earlier)? --Tobias (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: IRPD sensors and LegOS (long)

OK, the IRPD rover just smarter. I had an error in the comments in the previously posted version, references in the initial comments about the Right Side Motor being hooked up to Output B were incorrect, it is actually hooked up to Output C. This (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Dave Baum's scanbot w/ bumper?

(...) The problem is subtle. Scanbot (at least scanbot2.nqc) assumes that the drive motors are always running. It only alters their direction during steering. In your code you call OnFor(), which turns on the motors, waits a specified amount of (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: The datalog

(...) Each call to AddToDatalog() uses up one "point". Each point takes up 3 bytes of memory: a 1-byte code for the source of point (sensor, timer, etc), then a 2-byte value. 123456 is too big to fit into the log. This would either generate a (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Scout poweroff time out?

(...) thanks. Comments are always welcome....that's not saying that I'll implement everything that anyone suggests, but I certainly appreciate the feedback. NQC wouldn't have gotten this far without the suggestions of the user community. Dave (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: The datalog

(...) Dave, I have a question about the datalog. In the manual you state that the createdatalog function creates a datalog of x many points. How much is a point? Is that how many unique entries can be made or an overall 'byte' amount? Is a value (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Scout poweroff time out?

(...) Yes, I'll try to do that when I have some time... (...) That's not too bad... heh heh. I'm just shocked at how little RAM there is for programing... Maybe the 'way' I program is memory intensive. I can see an art to programing the scout (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

"Ram Meenakshisundaram" <rmeenaks@olf.com> wrote in message news:39DA076E.906020...olf.com... (...) Now how did I miss that! Now the only problem would be the power supply current. Like Ralph said, 33mA is right at the upper limit for a LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Sharp GP2D05 Infrared Ranger and the RCX

Hi, (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

"Ralf Krause" <rkra@gmx.de> wrote in message news:B5FFBD90.545%rk...@gmx.de... (...) Yes the GP2D12 looks like the one to use, but I've never been able to find it. I bought some GP2D05s to play with a few years ago. They require an input control (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Sharp GP2D05 Infrared Ranger and the RCX

Ooh, you're right. This seems to be too much for battery powered models. Has anybody a better idea? I want to have a sensor with gives a linear (?) signal corresponding to a distance. For an 1-bit boolean signal I saw a plan in elektor 9/2000 (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Sharp GP2D05 Infrared Ranger and the RCX

(...) Ralf, If I remember correctly, these sensors draw about 30 mA, which is the limit for a powered sensor for the RCX. You may need to add an additional battery to supply the current.... Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Sharp GP2D05 Infrared Ranger and the RCX

Hi, this seems to be a very good idea for a new RCX sensor. Reading the Sharp data sheets for their infrared distance sensors I want to write some facts about. They have 4 different sensors for measuring distances from 10 to 80 cm. The differences (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: 0.2.4 API

I can put one up as a tarball or .zip file- pick which output format you'd prefer. Luis (...) ---...--- "It's clear to us that Microsoft isn't the competition anymore. They are our environment." WordPerfect manager, talking about Word ---...--- (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  0.2.4 API

Hello everybody. I am currently looking for the API for legOS 0.2.4. I did find one at legos.sourceforge.net (i think it was), but it was poorly suited for downloading. anyone happend to have the API as a downloadable file ?(html/ps/pdf, doesnt (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  German Newspaper Links to Mindstorms

Hi all, Here's a rather long link to a Berlin newspaper that references many of the mst important pages in the Mindstorms canon... (URL) Have you checked your hit counters lately? Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH for LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: The datalog

(...) After looking over the docs again, I'm fairly certain it can't be done (or at the very least isn't documented). If anyone finds out how to do it, let me know and I'll add support to NQC. Dave (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Scout poweroff time out?

(...) The SetSleepTime() and SleepNow() thing was just sloppiness on my part when reorganizing the NQC API file. Those opcodes are clearly documented in the Scout SDK. I don't think we have to hunt around for undocumented features - just verify that (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: Scout poweroff time out?

(...) What other features will work? The BatteryLevel() one? I think we need to have a look at the rcx2 commands and see what's working for the Scout. Also, what does the Scout API include with the program? I know in the RCX it turns all motor ports (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  test

have had some problems posting to this news group, so heres another test. (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The datalog

I heard it somwhere too, so I assumed it could be done, however, I haven't downloaded the new firmware, so I don't know. --Tobias (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: The datalog

Someone in RTL said the RCX firmware ver 2 could read the datalog too. I read your documentation first since I figured you would have added functionality to NQC for that. I didn't see it in NQC. Then I check LEGO's docs but didn't see it there (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: The datalog

(...) This is news to me. Perhaps I had better examine those RCX 2 docs a little closer. Dave (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: The datalog

(...) not really. Supports the bare minimum for opening docs, etc. Nothing beyond that. Probably won't get added anytime soon either. If you really want to do something like this on the Mac, I'd suggest using the MPW version of NQC. You can do a (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: The datalog

Um, OK, but since Perl is a bit out of my league, I think that I will hold it there. But maybe I'll learn Perl in the future, who knows? Do you think it could be done in AppleScript? (Is MacNQC scriptable, BTW?) Guess there's an easy way to check (...) (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: The datalog

(...) Sure, you could do that. You'd need to write a perl script or something to control the process. (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: The datalog

So I can just return the datalog to the computer, not have NQC choose different programs to download depending on what the datalog reads? BTW, in firware version 2, the RCX can read from the datalog, but what does that mean in reality? Can it decide (...) (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: The datalog

(...) yes (...) NQC programs do not run on the host computer. They only run on the target (RCX/Cybermaster/Scout). The NQC command can read the datalog (printing it to stdout) and download programs, but to do something intelligent you'd need another (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Scout poweroff time out?

(...) Possible, yes, but I'd prefer not to. The command line is already too complex. I might consider adding the information as part of the regular program download message (with the battery level). For devices other than Scout, there isn't a fixed (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: Scout poweroff time out?

(...) You know, I tried that. It didn't work. But then I'm using my new editor (that I'm working on) and had forgotten to set the brick type with EACH command to NQC. I only had it set to compile/Download. So the scout wouldn't be 'unlocked' until I (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  The datalog

Can I have the computer read the datalog after a program is finished, and then, depending on what the datalog reads, have it download a different program to the RCX? My idea would be to make a robot that stores it's movement, and thhen have the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Scout's Built-In 29 Subroutines & NQC?

(...) In the old Scout API there were two calls: #define local(n) (@((n) + 10)) void Call(const int n) { asm { 0x17, n }; } You can enable the API by adding -D__SCOUT_COMPAT on the command line, or just copy the above two lines into your program. (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Scout poweroff time out?

(...) I just verified that both of these work. I'll fix the API for the next NQC release, but in the meantime, you can always add the following functions to your Scout programs: void SetSleepTime(const int t) { asm { 0xb1, t }; } void SleepNow() { (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: Scout poweroff time out?- Update

(...) After a *FEW* hours playing with this thing I've found out the following... It's built in shutdown is set for 15 minutes. Sending an IR code seems to reset this counter. So far I cannot find any way to keep it alive on it's own. If anyone (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Scout's Built-In 29 Subroutines & NQC?

I've been re-reading the Scout SDK and came across the following: "Program Block Library (subroutines) The Scout has an extensive subroutine library of general-purpose functions that can help reduce the size of downloaded user programs. Many of the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Scout poweroff time out?

(...) Looking at the Scout SDK, I think it does support the same sleep time command as the RCX - although perhaps not from within a program. There are two things to try: nqc -sleep 0 or add the following function to your program and call it (with (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: New Kernel Documentation

There is now a .pdf version (which maintains the tables) available at (URL) I tried ps2ascii, but it didn't seem to work. pstotext does work, but the many (very nice) tables get lost. If it weren't for that, I would have converted it all to sgml/xml (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: New Kernel Documentation

Dave, I tried ps2ascii, but it didn't seem to work. The only thing I can suggest is to download a copy of GhostScript / GhostView. If you're using a common Linux distro you've probably already got it - if you're using Windoze, it's really easy to (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: New Kernel Documentation

I have just skimmed through this document and it is AWESOME!! In case you ran into the same problem as I did and was not able to view Post Script files, check out this URL: (URL) a Utility call Ghost Script that allows even Winblows users to view (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Kernel Documentation

Is it possible to put up a non-Post Script version? I don't have a viewer that can display this type of document. Perhaps a plain .txt or .html version? Thanks Dave (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Scout poweroff time out?

I've just finished a very cool Camera mount that can be controlled via the web. (Linux, NQC & PHP) I've decided to use my scout because it's so limited. I've noticed one point and can't seem to see away way around this. I'm hoping someone can help. (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  new legOS HOWTO and note from our sponsors

This is just a minor update to the HOWTO- it discusses the new C++ support in CVS, how to access CVS, and links to the new kernel documentation. As usual, it can be found here: (URL) plug: I'd like to note that the past several releases of the HOWTO (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  New Kernel Documentation

Stig Nielsson has written excellent documentation on the internals of the kernel. I learned a heck of a lot going through it- I think this makes Stig our new designated kernel expert :) Anyway, you can read it here: (URL) you have any comments or (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Dave Baum's scanbot w/ bumper?

I was programming a "scanbot" from the Definitive Guide and wanted to install a bumper as I noticed the robot would run into things periocically while "searching" for the light. I wrote some code as follows: void check_bump { if (BUMP == 1) { (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Communicatin between NQC and legOS

(...) you won't be able to use LNP - those packets are completely different from the Lego firmware ones. You'll need to write bytes directly to the serial port (I'm not sure what support there is for this in legOS since once you start munging the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: NQC & Rotation Sensor

(...) Do you have the sensor at a place where one rotation of the sensor = 360 degrees of whatever you're turning? I'd suggest putting it somewhere where it rotates a lot more times than the actual turntable. (You need a touch sensor for 0 this way, (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Communicatin between NQC and legOS

(...) OK, but do i have to create this frame using legos ?? I tried but it doesn't work. (thank you so far dave baum ! I received your book today, hope this will help me.) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: NQC & Rotation Sensor

(...) Dave, Thanks for the reply, I had a bad feeling it would be this way. If that wasn't bad enough it keeps losing 2 points when stepped from 0 to 16 and back again... Most annoying. I'm going to move to a touch sensor bump mode... This way my (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC & Rotation Sensor

(...) The reset is a consequence of one of the bytecodes used to configure the sensor. I don't see a way to work around it. (...) This will have the same problem - in fact the generated code is probably identical (except for perhaps order) to just (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Sharp GP2D05 Infrared Ranger and the RCX

That sensor looks very cool. It seems like it could run off of the standard brick voltage too, unlike the sonar sensor which would need an additional battery pack. And it is cheap. Rig it up! (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Sharp GP2D05 Infrared Ranger and the RCX

Hi, Has anyone interfaced the Sharp GP2D05 infrared ranger with the RCX??? Ram (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Three new books about Lego Mindstorms

Also "Extreme Mindstorms: An Advanced Guide to LEGO MINDSTORMS" from A!Press is due in the UK in November. More details at (URL) Doucette" <rob.doucette@york.com> wrote in message news:G1AIsn.6xx@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  NQC & Rotation Sensor

I have this program that monitors the location of a camera mount in a 360 degree turn. (0 and 16 are 0, 8 is 180 etc) However whenever I use SetSensor(SENSOR_2, SENSOR_ROTATION); it blanks the current sensor value when the program is restarted. This (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Communicatin between NQC and legOS

(...) The protocol used by the standard firmware (which is what NQC relies on) is described on these sites: (URL) opcode of interest is F7 (thats what gets sent as a transmitted message). The entire packet would look like this: 55 ff 00 f7 08 x ~x s (...) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: TinyVM coding question

(...) [...] I already responded to Eric via email, but for anyone else who might be interested, this bug was fixed in TinyVM 0.1.4. The current version is 0.2.2. Expect 0.2.3 tonight or tomorrow (due to a bug fix, having to do with assigning (...) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  TinyVM coding question

Folks, I have a question about TinyVM 0.1.3. I am working with the included code (TestReceiver1.java) but have come across some interesting behavior which I hope someone can explain (and offer a solution for). I am tryying to write a simple program (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Which set contains the Temparature Sensor?

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't come in any sets. I know you can order it from Shop@Home. I purchased my from eBay and got a much better deal than through S@H. LEGO tech support said the sensor was accurate to the integer. for example, it's 71 (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Three new books about Lego Mindstorms

(...) This one has pbForth on the CD - or at least that's what they said.... Of course, you all know that Dave Baum's new book, "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms" It has lots of detailed information on the RCX, as well as a (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

"Johan Hjertman" <the_hartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G1ABov.DI2@lugnet.com... (...) released. (...) AFAIK, this one hasn't shipped yet in the US. (...) Available in the UK, see: (URL) sets and parts for sale or trade: (URL) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Which set contains the Temparature Sensor?

Hi, Does any set (except 9755 from Dacta) contain the Temparature Sensor? I tought that the Ultimate Accessory Set (3801) contained one and spend most of the last night searching in my collection for the damned thing (hey, I *really* thought that (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Three new books about Lego Mindstorms

Hi I have found that three new books about Lego Mindstorms soon will be released. Lego Mindstorms for Dummies by Michael Meadhra, Arthur Griffith ISBN: 0764507672 Introducing Robotics with Lego Mindstorms Penfold, R A ISBN: 0859349012 More Advanced (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Short term memory ablut sensor input???

(...) The program doesn't actually record in the Vectors array any information about where it saw an obstacle. It just records which direction the robot went and how far (according to the rotation sensor) during the last leg of the journey. Each (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Short term memory ablut sensor input???

Can you remember a touch sensor reading? This way by using only one light sensor as an irpd, I can detect which way to turn to avoid the obstacle. (...) */ (...) turning */ (...) */ (...) travel */ (...) */ (...) ------ (...) */ (...) ------ (...) (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  C++ support in CVS

Hey, everyone- Thanks to the patches Pat Welsh posted last week, C++ support is now in the CVS version of legOS. Pat made a number of changes to clean up the makefiles, so everything will compile if you aren't using gcc 2.95 and/or don't plan to use (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Short term memory ablut sensor input???

Agreed, LegOS is the way to go. Here is a LegOS program I wrote for a robot that keeps track of its heading in one of 8, increments (45 degrees intervals, numbered 0 to 7 heading clockwise). It keeps track of the last 10 segments in it's travels (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Is Extreme Creatures Good? (WAS: Re: US S@H Specials, Sep 20 - Sep 26, 2000)

(...) is this a good set? (i know i cant beat the price, but i wanna know if i'll have fun with it) josh (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Short term memory ablut sensor input???

(...) never mind. I've done this once, to prove, that you can build a little robot, which won't get stuck in any kind of corner. Changing strategie, if it detects a corner, in which it was stuck. an programm it only with this kid programming (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Short term memory ablut sensor input???

(...) That's true. You can't remember something like a light-sensor reading, though. My thinking is: if you're at the point where you want to be doing stuff like this, you're probably ready to graduate to a better system! (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Short term memory ablut sensor input???

(...) That's not quite right. It is a little bit weard but you can use the counter to detect different states :) In connection with the timer, you can build a simple time dependent variable but only one. Regards Carsten (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Short term memory ablut sensor input???

(...) You can't do this with graphical RIS Code -- you'll need something more powerful. I highly recommend NQC. (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Short term memory ablut sensor input???

Can anyone help on how to utilize short term memory about sensor input? Ex. Remembering which side if the robot made contact? (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Communicatin between NQC and legOS

Hi folks, is it possible to communicate between two RCX, one running NQC, one running legOS ? I have to solve this problem for using a RCX programmed with legOS and the Vision Command camera. The vision command camera software requires an (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  WinNQC version 1.01

When RcxCC's source was opened, I found it wasn't written by C++, so I thought I need to write a new windows tool for NQC, after 3 weeks, I got the first baby. I want to introduce you this new NQC tool - WinNQC, this is a Win32 GUI application, it (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Vision Command on NT2000?

Does Vision Command work under NT2000? Huw (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact