 Robotics / RCX / 748
747  |  749
Subject:
Dave Baum's scanbot w/ bumper?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 21:42:18 GMT

I was programming a "scanbot" from the Definitive Guide and wanted to install a
bumper as I noticed the robot would run into things periocically while
"searching" for the light. I wrote some code as follows:

void check_bump
{
  if (BUMP == 1)
  {
   Rev(RIGHT+LEFT);
   OnFor(RIGHT+LEFT,300);
   Fwd(RIGHT+LEFT);
  }
}

I put this call between the "scan" and "steer" functions and it doesn't seem to
work right. It detects when it has hit something and backs up, but then the
robot only will "scan". It quits moving and "steering". I have moved the
function around a bit, but to no avail. Any suggestions on how it can do all 3
functions basically at the same time.

Thanks,

Christopher