 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 798
Re: Scout poweroff time out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 18:54:54 GMT

Dave Baum wrote:

In article <dbaum-D186BD.01523530092000@lugnet.com>, Dave Baum
<dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote:

Looking at the Scout SDK, I think it does support the same sleep time
command as the RCX - although perhaps not from within a program.  There
are two things to try:

nqc -sleep 0

or

add the following function to your program and call it (with t=0)

   void SetSleepTime(const int t)   { asm { 0xb1, t }; }

I just verified that both of these work.  I'll fix the API for the next
NQC release, but in the meantime, you can always add the following
functions to your Scout programs:

void SetSleepTime(const int t)   { asm { 0xb1, t }; }
void SleepNow() { asm { 0x60 }; }

They behave identially to their counterparts for the RCX and Cybermaster.

In general, I find I just use the NQC command to set the sleep time
(with -sleep) rather than creating a special nqc program for the rcx to
do it.

You know, I tried that. It didn't work. But then I'm using my new editor
(that I'm working on) and had forgotten to set the brick type with EACH
command to NQC. I only had it set to compile/Download. So the scout wouldn't
be 'unlocked' until I had downloaded something. Thank goodness the commands
work!
I was about to go mad. (Visions of hacking a lego remote to auto send a
'ping' every 10 minutes.)

Would it be possible to add a command option to total the needed bytes for a
program and compare it against the target? Compile with this option and it
would tell you how much you had left or whatnot? It was quite the surprise to
see the mem full error after adding one command...

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html