 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 794
Re: Scout poweroff time out?- Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.scout
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 06:59:27 GMT

Dean Husby wrote:

I've just finished a very cool Camera mount that can be controlled via
the web. (Linux, NQC & PHP)

I've decided to use my scout because it's so limited. I've noticed one
point and can't seem to see away way around this. I'm hoping someone can
help.

How does the Scouts Auto shutdown system work? I notice that you can't
set the timeout var on it.

Is there anyway to make it NOT sleep?

After a *FEW* hours playing with this thing I've found out the following...

It's built in shutdown is set for 15 minutes.
Sending an IR code seems to reset this counter.

So far I cannot find any way to keep it alive on it's own. If anyone
knows...

Back to the books...

Dean
--