 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 787
786  |  788
Subject:
NQC & Rotation Sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 02:47:31 GMT

I have this program that monitors the location of a camera mount in a
360 degree turn. (0 and 16 are 0, 8 is 180 etc) However whenever I use
SetSensor(SENSOR_2, SENSOR_ROTATION);
it blanks the current sensor value when the program is restarted. This
is a HUGE pain as it takes time to reset the mount to 0 if the RCX
powers down.

I tried to use the other way but so far I can't get it to work.
SetSensorType(SENSOR_2, SENSOR_ROTATION);
SetSensorMode(SENSOR_2, SENSOR_MODE_ROTATION);

Also has anyone else noticed that the rotation sensor seems to lose two
points per rotation and back?

I'm using a Gear motor and a worm gear box. The Rotation Sensor is on
the end opposite from the motor.
Has anyone else had this sort of errors?

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html