 Robotics / RCX / 771
Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 18:54:18 GMT

"Søren Bak" wrote:

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Tobias Möller writes:
I've dropped my RCX two times (actually, first mine, then my brothers...
Ooops...), and both time, the only thing that happened was that the RCX
couldn't remember it's firmware... I thought it would break, but it didn't...

Anyone who was not this lucky?

From what height did you drop it? (I dropped mine about 70 cm from the floor)

--Tobias

Mine was dropped onto a wooden floor from the height of the hands of my three
year old son. It has permanently lost the lower half of the display and the
right-most part - so program numbers are quite hard to decipher. Program 1 is
not shown, two and three are identical, etc.

- Søren

That's nasty... Lego "SHOULD" be willing to replace it. Other then that you
*COULD* take it apart and try to press the parts back together... But if your not
familiar with electronics it could end is a worse state...

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html