 Robotics / RCX / 740
RE: Three new books about Lego Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 14:13:55 GMT

Hi

I have found that three new books about Lego Mindstorms soon will be released.

Lego Mindstorms for Dummies
by Michael Meadhra, Arthur Griffith
ISBN: 0764507672

This one has pbForth on the CD - or at least that's what they said....

Of course, you all know that Dave Baum's new book,
"Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms"

It has lots of detailed information on the RCX, as well as a new light seeking
robot project by Dave Baum. There are also chapters by Mike Gasperi on sensors,
Luis Villa on legOS, and of course my own chapters on pbForth.

We all met at Mindfest last year (Luis is kicking himself for missing it :-)
and had a great time looking at and discussing the potential of Mindstorms.

The book should be available soon. Is available to order on Amazon through
the following link:

<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/hempeldesigngrou>

Sorry for the blatant link-through to purchase the book but every little bit helps...

Introducing Robotics with Lego Mindstorms
Penfold, R A
ISBN: 0859349012

More Advanced Robotics with Lego Mindstorms
Penfold, Robert
ISBN: 0859349020

These look interesting, I must ask our British friends if they are
worth ordering.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>