 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 801
Re: The datalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 12:58:57 GMT

So I can just return the datalog to the computer, not have NQC choose
different programs to download depending on what the datalog reads?

BTW, in firware version 2, the RCX can read from the datalog, but what
does that mean in reality? Can it decide what to do, depending on what
the datalog reads?

--Tobias

Dave Baum wrote:

In article <39D5C671.5EF07A8A@telia.com>, tobias.moller@telia.com
wrote:

Can I have the computer read the datalog after a program is finished,
and then, depending on what the datalog reads, have it download a
different program to the RCX?

yes

Can that be done in NQC?

NQC programs do not run on the host computer.  They only run on the
target (RCX/Cybermaster/Scout).

The NQC command can read the datalog (printing it to stdout) and
download programs, but to do something intelligent you'd need another
program calling NQC as needed.

Dave

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com