 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1412
1411  |  1413
Subject:
C++ support in CVS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 19:25:19 GMT

Hey, everyone-
Thanks to the patches Pat Welsh posted last week, C++ support is
now in the CVS version of legOS. Pat made a number of changes to clean up
the makefiles, so everything will compile if you aren't using gcc 2.95
and/or don't plan to use C++.
Pat's patches are great- there is a very comprehensive demo/c++/
directory that covers a lot of ground. If you are curious, that is the
place to start.
BTW, the last time I posted something about CVS, someone asked
"how do I get to CVS" but I accidentally deleted the email, and then
forgot about it until today. If anyone is still curious, the very front
page of http://legOS.sourceforge.net/ has a pretty complete description of
how to use CVS to get legOS source. If you don't have CVS installed, there
are extremely detailed instructions on a variety of CVS setups (including
windows) at http://sfdocs.sourceforge.net/sfdocs/
Also, I'll (hopefully) be doing some small touchups on the HOWTO
tonight. If anyone has any thoughts or comments that you'd like to see
there, this is probably the best time to holler.
Luis

    "It's clear to us that Microsoft isn't the competition anymore.
                       They are our environment."
        WordPerfect manager, talking about Word