 Robotics / RCX / 758
Re: Sharp GP2D05 Infrared Ranger and the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 20:56:43 GMT

Hey, my GP2D12 just showed up. I ordered it from Acroname. It comes with a
nice little booklet with details on how to rig it, and it even has some
Handyboard code and interface info. I have test equipment in my lab too. I'll
plug it into a power supply and measure its draw when I have a chance.

-Amnon

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Michael Gasperi writes:

"Ram Meenakshisundaram" <rmeenaks@olf.com> wrote in message
Hi,

The japanese connector as well as the GP2D12 can both be found at
acroname http://www.acroname.com/robotics/parts/R48-IR12.html

Ram

Now how did I miss that!  Now the only problem would be the power supply
current.  Like Ralph said, 33mA is right at the upper limit for a LEGO
powered sensor.  It would probably work with new batteries, but maybe not
with weak ones.  I've been playing with using germanium diodes 1N270s in
place of the 1N4148s usually used in the RCX power interface.  This might be
enough extra voltage to make it work.

Mike G