 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1424
Re: legOS doesn't work under NT?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 22:00:46 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Oscar Deniz Suarez writes:

I've been using legOS for Windows (Vamos-Wentworth's distribution) both on
Windows 95 and Windows 98. Due to some reasons, I'll have to use a NT computer
from now on (I'm the administrator). I installed everything, even the long
filename support routine (lfn006.zip, the latest version), but I have • problems.
The legos firmware loads OK, but dll freezes the RCX. This problem only • appears
under Windows NT.

Has anyone experienced/solved this problem?

Only thing I can think is maybe the serial port driver does something funny in
NT. I'm not familiar with the serial comms used in firmdl & dll, and don't have
the source here at work, but maybe this causes the kernel to not load correctly
(even though it may look OK), and so the uploading of programs is likely to
fail.

Any other ideas anyone?

ROSCO