 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12709
Re: Trek Talk was Re: Whatever happened...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:52:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ted Michon wrote:
I loved the end of ST4--we had Sarek and Spock do the father/son "I never
used to appreciate the decision you made but now I do" (and for any Trekkie
worth their salt, that's a very big thing...)

David-

The funny thing is that I was thinking about that scene just yesterday
(during my 3 hour traffic delayed drive home from our current SCLTC show in
San Diego). The actual lines are closer to "As I recall I opposed your
enlistment to StarFleet. It is possible that judgment was incorrect."
(Naturally there's a web page devoted just to Sarek quotes
<http://www.geocities.com/Area51/3253/regular/lenard_sarek_quotes_movie.html>).

-Ted

I coudln't remember the exact quotation, and didn't feel like slogging thur all
the quotes at IMDB to find it.  Yeah, after all those years of reading books and
watching TOS and such, the Spock/Sarek thing was pretty moving.

"They are my friends" was another wonderful line in there.

Oh, and "Tell mother I feel fine..." ;)

I loved how they got the original actor and actress from the one ep. in TOS to
play Spocks parents in the movie as well--that was wonderful.  Now if only
Kirstie Alley showed up to play Saavik in 3 and 4--Grr!!!

(to be said, Robin Curtis did a pretty good job as well...)

Dave K