 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12634
Re: Whatever happened...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:09:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
What happened to the old days?  I don't remember Lego being this un-"fun":

Hell, I'm even agreeing with Larry as of late.  What the hell happened?

Calum

It's really cold outside.  I think hell is freezing over.

I just ventured out from the .robotics room and read the 10152 thread.  I agree
with BOTH Larry AND Calum.

I better get my coat.

Steve

Throughout time, there has been the threat of the end of the world, at least as
we know it..... Y2K??? Armageddon?? WW III?? Plagues?? Pigs flying?? Hell
freezing???? etc.....

That's nothing compared to this!!!

This may be the first known proof..... if Calum and Larry are agreeing, that's
BAD! but then Steve also agrees???? Well now I'm truly scared.

The PLAN

I have moved my Lego, a bed with flannel sheets, some bottled water and the beef
jerky into the bomb shelter. That is one heck of a SHARK heading this way....
(cue Jaws music.....) Wow fearsome teeth surrounded by a mushroom cloud, man was
that my head hitting something??

I think I will go hug a tree for one last time, climb in the shelter and lock my
door (which I never do, because I live out of the GTA) and wait for the big
boom. Of course, I have been told the road is paved with good intentions, but I
say, the speed bumps only slow you down if you slam on the brakes. Plays a
continuous loop of the "Toy Story" clip where Woody tells Buzz "You are a toy, a
child's play thing!"

Truly, I had better hopes for the end of the world.  I never thought the
revolution would have compartmentalized dorks, geeks, nerds, control freaks and
wayward artists and a few misplaced hippies in arms about ABS?  This should be
an interesting fight! (Giggle)

Did I miss a turn on the map, when did this all become so important???

Janey "Apparently, screwed, brewed, lewd and tattooed Red Brick"

P.S. Someone told me my sarcasm is a veil for the pain I hide.

I laughed, not with them, but at them.