 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12696
Re: Hold on bub, this truly is the Golden Age of LEGO Re: Whatever happened...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:06:07 GMT

Calum,

That's my thinking. As long as the good outweighs the bad, which as far as
the online AFOL community is concerned it does by a mile.

So what can we do about some of the nastiness that has arisen here at
Lugnet? Well, look no further than this very thread! I refer to Rob
Antonishen's response, where he objects to my use of the word "tragic" to
describe the recent color change. I could *respond* to his post, where I
would point out the obvious of how my use of the word tragic is squarely
within the context of Lego, and not the world at large, or state what I
think he can do with his post, etc. But I will do none of that! Instead, I
will ignore the post, and will use the time I would have used to respond to
the post to instead peruse some MOCs that were posted to brikshelf.

Remeber the Mandroid!

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Tony Kilaras wrote:
I've been around since the earliest days of rtl, and have followed the

Wow, good to hear from you!

However, I emphatically disagree with those who bemoan the current state
of
affairs. To me, excpet for Lego's tragic error regarding the new colors,
this is truly the Golden Age. The MOCs and train show displays alone are

Plus, we have Lego Direct, Bricklink, Pick-A-Brick, and yes, even Ebay.
The
sales and deals at Walmart, Amazon, KayBee, Target etc. that I almost
always

As if that wasn't enough, we have LDraw, Brickset, Brickshelf, Peeron and
myriad of other online resources. I can look up just about anything I
want
with a few keystrokes.

If you disagree, take the taste test! Head on over to Google, look up the
alt.toys.lego and rec.toys.lego newsgroups, pour yourself a cup of coffee
(or tea) and spend some time reading. There's just no comparison.

I'll agree we've certainly made a lot of progress since the wild days of
atl and
rtl, that there is no doubt.  Something like Peeron for example, I use all
the
time when I build (which is not as much as I'd like).

But we ended up with a lot of problems at the same time.  I guess you have
take the good with the bad.

Calum