 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12666
Re: Whatever happened...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:31:08 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:

You know, I didn't think of that, and it's a really good point Dave.  A lot of
opportunities are going to disappear when Jake and/or Lego finally get fed up
with us.

I wouldn't be surprised if opportunities have already been lost.  I also
fear the day that Jake finally gets fed up and quits.  I don't see
anyone else stepping forward to fill these shoes, and I don't see Lego
Corporate feeling much presser to have them filled.

I was thinking about this earlier.  Jake just needs to shut-up.  Whenever he starts
talking, it seems to get him (and TLC) into trouble.

Imagine if he had never said anything about the Maersk ship.  People would not have
expected it to become a collectable.  They would have just bought it because it's
cool.

Personally, I feel bad for him, but I'm glad he's gone through so much effort to
give us fans a peek into that huge company.

I continue to cling to a couple statements he made at Brickfest: 1) Mindstorms is
NOT dead.  2) The future of Mindstorms is NOT the 2.0

Of course, if he's lying to us about that, like everything else, I say we string him
up, and poke him with Bionacle swords.

Steve
Jake fan club: where do I sign-up?