 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12700
Re: Whatever happened...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 21:29:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ted Michon wrote:
   I’m sorry but...what does it mean to “jump the shark”?

   This is a reference to the TV show Happy Days.

Like in Star Trek (the original series) the Spock’s Brain episode.

-Ted

Many people forget, however, that the ‘Gamesters of Triskelion” was after ‘Spocks Brain’

K, it’s not on ‘City on the edge of Forever” or “Tomorrow is Yesterday” or “Doomsday Machine”, but “Gamesters” is ranking up there in my books ;)

Though, stated right now I’m nut sure that Gamesters was after Spocks Brain--both ere season 3 eps (iirc) ;)

Lovin’ the Trekkie talk :)

I threw in ST:VI-TUC in the DVD player last night and watched the preview, with all the little clips of scenes from TOS as well as the first 5 movies ‘projected’ onto the Enterprise as it’s doing the flyby (as seen at the end of TMP and the beginning of TWOK), and the voiceover--wow, I was almost hooked into my old Star Trek days again...

One thing that does really bother me, and it’s a discontinuity, which, for the most bit I do accept for Star Trek, but using TNG sets for 1701-A... just really bugs me--I loved the ‘engine room’ from the first 3 movies.

And the music--love Jerry, but he didn’t like using the Star Trek ‘themes’. Grr!!

:)

Dave K