 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12681
Re: Whatever happened... LETS end this.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 04:13:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Kyle D. Jackson wrote:
Hey Lar, since you read every post once and
reply twice  ;]

Ouch.

I know you're reading this, so help get us an answer on the
above ideas that require Admin action.  How about we get an answer on the
trimmed .market heirarchy by the New Year?

I'll give you an answer right now, how's that.

As I understand it (remember I ain't the techie here, just the gadfly) the
technology to archive a group exists. The group itself doesn't go away, it's
just not visible any more, stuff doesn't come up in searches, etc., although all
the data is still there if you know how to find it. (1)

Why do I know that? Because we were talking about archiving groups on the TT
list not very long ago.

Here's your answer on .market (and it's the best I got for now): "we're thinking
about it"

The rest, I'm not sure where we are on them. But they are ideas worth thinking
about.

I REALLY like your statement that people need to post more about MOCs and groups
and their activities. That doesn't take admin action. Just do it.

1 -  put this in your browser: http://news.lugnet.com/admin/council/  .. none of
the posts ever come up in searches but they're still there.