 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12667
Re: Whatever happened...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 22:01:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
I was thinking about this earlier.  Jake just needs to shut-up.  Whenever he starts
talking, it seems to get him (and TLC) into trouble.

Imagine if he had never said anything about the Maersk ship.  People would not have
expected it to become a collectable.  They would have just bought it because it's
cool.

Personally, I feel bad for him, but I'm glad he's gone through so much effort to
give us fans a peek into that huge company.

I think I may have to make a new year's resolution, give up on lugnet and just
browse brickshelf instead. That's where most of today's cool MOCs show up
anyhow. Lugnet doesn't seem to have a lot to do with the art and craft of Lego
these days.

Perhaps Jake could post pictures of what he wants to say. Perhaps a cool new set
with lots of dark green or dark blue? A picture is worth a thousand words anyhow
and people simply couldn't overreact as there'd be no way to do so.

Or a picture of a forklift carrying a pallet of some famous set number about to
be rereleased.

That'd work for me.

JB