 Off-Topic / Debate / 19983
Re: Break Out the Cristal (trickle-down economics explained with champagne!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:34:27 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:

Perhaps RM erred in such a large snip, but I immediately took his comment to
refer to:

c) prepared to discuss how likely it is that " more importantly, that
they're likely to deliver to their citizens in future." is true (the second
part of my metric) about Canada. It's not enough to be ahead at the moment.

which seems to be investigating the potential of a country to deliver
[quality of life] to it's citizens, as a metric for superiority. No doubt
I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but it seems to fit better than any
reference to nuclear fission.

Larry is talking about the probability a country will continue to deliver.  I'm
not really interested in debating semantics, but potential and probability have
different meanings.  At least my reference was to the same word.

JOHN