 Off-Topic / Debate / 19899
Re: Break Out the Cristal (trickle-down economics explained with champagne!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:47:02 GMT

So again, America is not God's gift to the world.  Stop your self
cerntralized view and start seeing what's going on in the world around
you--that's what the author was trying to get across.

Because I am a red-blooded american boy; living, breathing, working, and
striving for all that is great and good for my world; and because I am
committed to a larger project which takes the downturns and the upswings
with a grain of salt; because I have a thousand-yard stare through the years
rather than across distance; this:

"Bush fiddles with economy while Baghdad burns"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,922217,00.html

Shades of Nero and Victoria's England (re: imperialism after Albert).  Read
Joyce's "The Dead" and catch a clue.

A true american has his eye on the value of the dollar (since we are denied
gold, alas).  A patriot cares about profitability not just for today, but
for years to come; he does not raid the financial foundations of the company
for a good payout by year's end.  Unless there are golden parachutes for
all, there should be golden parachutes for none.

No "attaboy" today, sorry John. I still have that Cristal headache from
yesterday -- or was it this morning?

Hail Satan!

-- Hop-Frog