 Off-Topic / Debate / 19911
Re: Break Out the Cristal (trickle-down economics explained with champagne!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:16:03 GMT

True, and I apologize.  The America-centric vibe I get from John's posts
slanted my readings.  I would have said something like, "There are many
countries that have contributed 'blessings' to the world, and America has
had it's fair share."  But that's just me.

No, that's not just you-- I agree with you! I'd probably say "Lion's share",
but that's just me:-)

So Joh, I do apologize for that.  I didn't wnat to be perceived as
argumentative, but now that the point is clarified, I retract the statement
"What?  You think America the Great is the only country that 'produces
countless blessings upon the world'?"

Sorry 'bout that.

Accepted.

I was more inferring that spreading "The American Dream"--forcefully in this
particualr instance, as Dubya himself said ("We'll bring freedom and
democracy to the peoples of Iraq"), and as some others, including Dubya,
have alluded to, they hope that "Iraq's shining example spreads to the other
Arab nations".

Then we can be all one happy capitalistic family!

Ahem.  Don't confuse the terms Democracy and Freedom with Capitalism-- they
aren't necessarily interchangeable.

JOHN