 Off-Topic / Debate / 19919
Re: Break Out the Cristal (trickle-down economics explained with champagne!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:34:04 GMT

So by what rationality would *you* use for saying that some countries are
superior to other countries?

Quality of life that they delliver to their citizens, and, more importantly,
that they're likely to deliver to their citizens in future.

It's not about size, it's not about population, it's not about military
might, it's not about resources, it's about the system of government and the
morals of the people.

I have no qualms at all saying that we are superior to (for example) DPRK,
our people are more free and are able to keep more of what their labor earns
them.

So you couldn't find fault with, then, the idea that Canada is superior to
America, because, as polls show, we have a better quality of life than
America--we were number 1, and are now number 3, after all...

Dave K