 Off-Topic / Debate / 19908
Re: Break Out the Cristal (trickle-down economics explained with champagne!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:03:13 GMT

So as my Red Wings friend (me, I'm Leafs) would say, "Put up or shut up"

Yes, Larry has a "tiresome" way of asserting the existence of some arguments
that should silence us all, but then never actually putting any of these
things into words.  It's as if he sits there smug and superior, knowing all
and revealing nothing. He risks nothing by saying nothing. Ignore him.

Hey, I don't know everything -- perhaps I know nothing at all. I'd rather
start from point zero armed with nothing but the right questions.

The minute you know you are right about everything and certain in your
knowledge of the world, you are almost certainly wrong about a lot of
things.  It's a very dangerous trap is wisdom.  The goal should not be
"wisdom" itself, but the learning of a methodology of how to find things out
when you need to know them.  Something like that, and not too far away from
pragmatism.

For my part, I do know some things -- most of it is just observations
though, how to proceed or what to do from here is another matter.  Where I
lack knowledge, I try to be ruled by ethics.  Might does not only not make
right, it should express itself in service to the weak. Stuff like that --
essentially mythic, Arthurian style ethics. And yes, an unhappy mix of Xtian
and pagan virtues.

Hail Satan!

-- Hop-Frog