 Off-Topic / Debate / 19914
Re: Break Out the Cristal (trickle-down economics explained with champagne!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:44:52 GMT

So by what rationality would *you* use for saying that some countries are
superior to other countries?

How obtuse can you be???  We are talking about *governments*.  Free and
democratic societies are superior to repressed ones ruled by dictators.  What
about that is so hard to understand?

JOHN

Snip out all the stuff.  Whatever.

If your gov't is allowing oppression in certain countries because it suits
your countrys needs and wants, and yet goes to wars with other countries
because it suits your needs

lol so now we are demonized because we don't stick our collective nose in
*everywhere*?!

--I like how Iraq is an American issue whereas N
Korea is an international issue.  And yet Iraq has oil and no nucs,

*YET*! That's the *WHOLE* point.

and N
Korea has nucs and no oil.

And why does NK have nukes?  The UN forbade it.  What exactly *can* we do at
this point?  One doesn't just go in and disarm a nuclear power without
pondering some *serious* consequences...

And so many other reasons to make, not only me,
but many people in the world, say that the US is *not* morally justified in
their little war with SH.

Obtuse?  Using and ignoring the UN at whim?

Oh, I agree with you that our pandering to the UN is shameful.  Why we bother
*is* a contradiction.

Saddam is a bad man, and we need to work at changing the living conditions
of the Iraqi people.  Is "the American Way" the only way?  is it the best way?

I'll say this.  There have been 12 years of opportunity for that work to occur.
But all that happened in that time was the accrual of UN banned weapons by
Saddam and his pursuit of nukes.  As long as countries like France and Russia,
who have been suppying Saddam those illegal weapons and purchasing his oil,
serve on a "security council", no effective measures will *ever* be carried out
against him.  The system is fatally flawed.  I don't see any other way, other
than unilateral (sic) action outside of the influence of the UN, for a solution
to this issue.

JOHN