 Off-Topic / Debate / 19946
Re: Break Out the Cristal (trickle-down economics explained with champagne!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 06:11:18 GMT

Colonial America and the French during WW II were both actively resisting
their oppressors.  I don's see this in modern day Iraq.

What if the population is being so wickedly repressed (speak out against me and
I'll kill your *entire* family in front of you) that they are afraid to resist?

Plus, our entrance
into WW II was prompted by the agressive acts of two aggressor nations:
Germany and Japan. Japan attacked us, and as we all know: payback sucks. So,
sorry -- apples and oranges.

"Who is my neighbor?"

Seriously.  You have no idea how much I mind my own business; not in the
streets perhaps, but I am very respectful of people's privacy in their homes.

You missed my reference.  A man asks Jesus what he must do to inherit eternal
life.  Jesus replies to love the Lord with all of your heart, soul, strength,
and mind, and to love your neighbor, as yourself.  The guy then asks "And who
is my neighbor?" and Jesus proceeds to tell the parable of the Good Samaritan.

JOHN