 Off-Topic / Debate / 19922
Re: Break Out the Cristal (trickle-down economics explained with champagne!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:50:41 GMT

So you believe that Iraq had agressive intentions towards the US in the
immediate future?  That this country, which couldn't send a missle 800 miles
outside their borders was well on its way to threaten the peace, security
and "freedom and liberty" of the United States of America?

Just asking.

Ploughed ground, but I'll explain again.  Saddam supports terrorists (paying
Palestinians families of homicide bombers is one example that we are aware).
He has, in fact, terrorized his own people with chemical and biological
weapons.  The man is a monster, and a friend to terrorists.  I don't fear *him*
now or ever, provided he never obtained nukes.  And while his possession of
nukes wouldn't even necessarily constitute a direct threat to the US, it would
constitute a huge threat to our ally Israel and thereby constitute a threat to
us indirectly.

But I believe that he would provide scum like OBL WMD to use against the US if
the opportunity presented itself.  This is why we need to act now.  Heck, we
should have done this 12 years ago.  Remember, this war is not with the people
of Iraq, but with their cruel oppressor.  I think even many Iraqis understand
this to be true.

JOHN