 Off-Topic / Debate / 19903
Re: Break Out the Cristal (trickle-down economics explained with champagne!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 19:21:12 GMT

What?  You think America the Great is the only country that 'produces
countless blessings upon the world'?  You act as if America is the second
coming, John!  We, all of us, are equal nations (or at least should be), and
the second you start thinking that you're better than the rest is the second
that there are second class citizens that are allowed to suffer so you can
live better.

Sorry, Dave. Some nations are better than others. That's no slur against
those who happen to live in the nations that aren't up to snuff.

But when you say stuff like "We, all of us, are equal nations", you're being
tiresome.

Note that I didn't say any nation is perfect, so put your straw man away.

Is not a straw man at all, Larry, and I'm sorry that you're tired.  But when
you are wrong, you're wrong.  You have no issues pointing out when I'm wrong
(or others), and I have no problems accepting such criticism.

But *a* country has the same rights and priviledges to the world as any
other country.  How can you possibly dispute that?  Does Austrailia, as a
country, have the same play field to do what it wants as the United States?
If not, who decides who has 'more rights'?  Geographic size?  Well Canada
*is* the second largest country in the world then, so I'm bigger than you.
Population?  *cough* China *cough*.

So by what rationality would *you* use for saying that some countries are
superior to other countries?

What I find tiresome is "Straw Man" with *no* validity justifying same.

"You're dumb"

okay, why?

"No reason"

It's the 5 year old way of arguing.

And if you beleive that it's a straw man and it's so painfully obvious why
it's a straw man, then list the points--I obviously thought it wasn't a
straw man arguement or I wouldn't have posted it.  I'm also known for being
swayed by a good arguement and rescinding my past-posted ideas and apologizing.

So as my Red Wings friend (me, I'm Leafs) would say, "Put up or shut up"

Dave K