 Off-Topic / Debate / 19952
Re: Break Out the Cristal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:48:25 GMT

I think, in the grand scheme of history, and even today, we (Canada) have
proven ourselves "morally superior" to the USA.  Where did the black people
flee to a la 'underground railroad'?  Who didn't have to fire a shot or kill
anyone to get independance?  What about health care?  But that's just me
going on about how great it is to be Canadian.  And by the way, we ain't
perfect up here, either ;)

Indeed. But there is enough Scottish blood in Canada to make it almost
perfect. ;)

But the relative merits of US and Canada are not that important to me,
they're both certainly in the top quarter, if not the top 10% or even the
top 5 countries...

...and how much of your "top quarter" supported a 2nd resolution? How much
supports the current illegal conflict in Iraq?

But it's these shades of gray, and the ways in which we deal with them.  If
we ignore a "worse" country because it supplies our needs and wants, but
attack a "not so worse" country because it doesn't supply our needs and
wants, I think that's moral wishy washyness at it's best (or worse).

Indeed, and it was those sorts of decisions by people like Rumsfeld and
Cheney that helped SH hold power for so long.

Scott A