 Off-Topic / Debate / 20131
Re: Break Out the Cristal (trickle-down economics explained with champagne!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 23:10:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:

Uh, Lar, that may not be such a good idea - the US has a long history
of failing to pay US dues.  If the vote was based on current, true,
paid-up dues, there would
be many times when the US would have ZERO votes due to being in arrears.

The idea makes sense to me, but with our past history, it wouldn't
bode well for the US.

That's part of the original argument. If we don't get a vote unless we're
paid up, we (and other nations as well) will be falling all over ourselves
to pay up. ESPECIALLY if we get a 25% or so vote because of it.

I think it more likely we would end up falling over ourselves to do
back-door deals in order to avoid paying.

ROSCO