 Off-Topic / Debate / 19915
Re: Break Out the Cristal (trickle-down economics explained with champagne!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:06:01 GMT

Our faith in our exceptionalism creates the spirit and will to engage in such
behaviors as well.  You know, it's not that we think we are perfect.  We know
we are not, but we are constantly striving to become it.  It's not that we
think we are better than anyone else, it's just that when we look at everyone
else, we say "we can do better".  That spirit stems directly from our love of
freedom and liberty.

I agree with some of that, *but* your [collective] "love of Freedom and
liberty" is not reflected in your support for all manner of deviants
[both current & past] is it? Is self-interest more important than your
[collective] "love of Freedom and liberty"?

I'm not sure that they are necessarily mutually exclusive.  The ultimate
self-interest motive in our war against Saddam is the self-preservation of our
way of life which is all about Freedom and Liberty.  If you are referring to
motives like oil procurement, then the answer is no.

JOHN