 Off-Topic / Debate / 19982
Re: The French Have Gone Too Far
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:13:45 GMT

But what if *we* didn't start the war?  If Al-Qaeda is in bed with Saddam, we
have *every* right to invade Iraq to pursue those who started this thing on
9-11.

John, find me a source citing and proving a preexisting link.

Preexisting when?

I can find
you a denial of such a claim on the White House's own webpages (and I have
provided that link at least twice in this forum already).  Do you have
information of value in terms of national security that should be shared
with others?  Spill it or shut up.  My source is Shrub and Blair themselves

What? No clever little ad hominem for Tony?  Hack.

-- in a way, these guys represent your side of the argument and they do not
make the same claim you are making.  So what gives?

I'll tell you what gives-- what we perceived as the threat to *our* national
security was having a madman like Saddam collect WMD who then possibly would
pass them along to terrorists who would gladly use them against us.  We knew he
sympathized with terrorists, and whether we had hard intel or not that he
supported Al-Qaeda in particular you and I don't know.  Maybe they have gotten
intel after that press conference was held.  But I'm guessing we had some but
nothing verifiable, but knew that once in there, it could possibly become
evident.  Same with the chemical and bio weapons.  Though obviously the UN's
finest were easily duped, everyone knows he has them.  He's used them on his
own people in the past, for crying out loud!

So now we are about to find that he has ties to Al-Qaeda, that he has the
chemical and biological weapons.  We already took care of his attempts to
obtain plutonium. (thank you, Israel. Thanks for nothing, France)  Nuclear
power.  What a joke!  The guy is *sitting* on enough oil to make that entire
country a paradise, but he want *nuclear* power.  Or does he...?

My point is that we may surely have given them cause to unite for the moment
even though no such link existed before.

It's a silly one.  I seriously doubt that some Al-Qaeda members just decided to
swing on by, out of the blue, to lend a hand.  They came from Afghanistan and
Saddam gave them save harbor.  We are talking kindred spirits here.

JOHN