 Off-Topic / Debate / 16088
Re: Conflict in the Middle East
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 19:36:16 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dan Boger writes:
this is one of the scariest, most disturbing posts I've ever read on LUGNET.

I, for one, could use some clarification here.  I certainly had no intention
of offending anyone of any culture or race or etc.

I am for peace.  I do not see myself as favoring either side in violence.

If my "Romeo and Juliet" solution seemed in bad taste, I guess I can't see
why.  Intermarrying among peoples effectively makes them all the same
people.  And this would be bad why?

If it was my questioning the need for a Jewish state, all I can say is that
I have always questioned that event that occurred much before my time.  But
I certainly have nothing against the Jewish people, not even in Israel.  I
even stated my support for the view that given a history of of approx. 50
years modern day Israelis have rights to live in the place they have been
calling home for decades.

If my levity was in bad taste, all I can say is that with a situation like
this all you have is either a laugh or a cry.  Currently, the situation is
such that it is hopelessly frustrating.  Last night I saw a news program on
one of the major networks where Jewish people in Israel were interviewed
commenting on how they would never accept a Palestinian state in their
proximity.  If people remain that intractable, a peaceful resolution will
never be achieved.

Anyway, if something I stated previously has some secondary meaning that
eludes me, I apologize in advance for not seeing the variant meaning.  As I
said, I certainly had no intention of offending anyone.  Although with a
subject like this, I realize that  emotions run pretty high and perhaps I
should have been more careful.

I am a people lover, not a hater.  That's my main point here.  My lugnet
profile (http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=174) reads in part: "More &
Less: ... more love, baby, love!!!, less intolerance"

Either I have misunderstood something or perhaps you have.  I guess I'd like
to figure out what was so scarey.

-- Hop-Frog