 Off-Topic / Debate / 16073
Re: Conflict in the Middle East
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:04:02 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:
richard marchetti wrote:

This is what makes the ME such a mess. I think most people accept that
the Israeli people need someplace to call home. The same is true for the
Palestinians. The question is how to resolve the conflicting claims.

Most people might agree.  Why do they need a homeland?  I'm leaning toward
believing that the very notion of 'homeland' is a divisive instrument.  Maybe
we should seek to eliminate that idea globally.

The interesting point about a Jewish "homeland", is that at the turn of the
last centaury a large tract of Argentina was being considered seriously.

Scott A