 Off-Topic / Debate / 16070
Re: Conflict in the Middle East
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:01:53 GMT

http://www.idf.il/english/news/nifg.stm
http://www.idf.il/english/news/graphEat.stm

I can't believe you have quoted the IDF website. I looked for details of
their attack on the Jordanian village of Qibya in ‘53. The day after the
attack a UN observer said that the IDF had forced civilians to stay in their
homes whilst they were demolished around them. 69 civilians were killed -
over half of them women and children. The attack was lead by Major Ariel
Sharon. The same Ariel Sharon who calls Arafat a murderer.

so you're not saying that what I quoted was wrong, just that they were
missing some info?  perhaps.  BTW, that attack in '53 is taught today,
still, in IDF basic training as an example of an "illegal command", which a
soldier is not allowed to follow.  I never said that IDF doesn't make
mistakes, just that it doesn't target civilians _intentionally_ like the PA
does.

The basic points of the IDF "Security Doctrine" are at odds with reality:
http://www.idf.il/english/doctrine/doctrine.stm

how so?

Dan